Just how many lines of code can I write on a n8 bit atmega328 pro mini ?

My intention is to run it with a gsm module and a nokia 5110 screen, however for all the characters on the screen there needs to be a character table drawing each pixel!

this would take up a lot of space and I want to know if its possible, also I have an sd card module, I might want to make the equivelent of a graphics card with it, would there even be enough space to utilise it and has anyone come across a thread where someone is doing hte same thing?

Thanks for your help.

devonrevenge:
My intention is to run it with a gsm module and a nokia 5110 screen, however for all the characters on the screen there needs to be a character table drawing each pixel!

this would take up a lot of space and I want to know if its possible, also I have an sd card module, I might want to make the equivelent of a graphics card with it, would there even be enough space to utilise it and has anyone come across a thread where someone is doing hte same thing?

Thanks for your help.

Your question is too open ended. Yes you might be able to do it unless you uses too many bytes for character bitmaps or your program is too complex.

You need to see how much or your resources (FLASH,RAM) are consumed by the GSM module Library, Screen Library, and SD library. (make a basic sketch that #includes each library, calls the Init or Begin() for each library and calls all of the functions you might uses from each of the libraries) See if it compiles. The compiler will tell you how much FLASH has been used.

Chuck.

Yeah that was good advice and there's not much space left, thinking of making the code smaller by doing the serial code myself and I could be okay just with limited functionality, my project maty be better of with that pi zero

zillion, at long as it are comments

code, assuming that one line of code becomes one instruction or more, 32767 lines at most.

however if you use bad style it can be more as C/C++ allows things like below

Serial.begin

(

)

;

google images for "obfuscated c code contest winners"