Just why...

Why the **** do OPs ignore questions?

I don't get it. Whenever someone asks a question targeted towards me in a thread - whether I'm OP or not - I take the time to answer each. Yet, for some reason, lots of noobs asking questions here either straight up don't read questions or ignore them completely....

A charitable explanation is that they don't want to admit that they don't understand the question - which is very foolish if you want to learn something.

A more realistic explanation is that they prefer writing (talking) to reading (listening and hearing).

...R

I sometimes think that they only read the parts that they think tells them the answer that they want to hear.

groundFungus:
I sometimes think that they only read the parts that they think tells them the answer that they want to hear.

Even that is being charitable :slight_smile:

...R

They only want the ‘solution’.

They don’t want to be confused with the facts, questions and as far as learning that’s not why they came to the site.

You can usually tell who wants to learn by the user name they pick.

larryd:

C'mon, of course "twinkletoe420_69" is serious and wants to learn! :slight_smile:

larryd:
They only want the ‘solution’.

They don’t want to be confused with the facts, questions and as far as learning that’s not why they came to the site.

Hahaha! I find myself looking at the name(s) and going.. Aww. I'll pass on that one. A lot.

The thing that always kills me is when they go on about how new and ignorant they are.. But I notice they figured out the Avitar image on their first post. Sheesh, I guess you can put in some effort when you want to huh?

-jim lee

jimLee:
Hahaha! I find myself looking at the name(s) and going.. Aww. I'll pass on that one. A lot.

But you are Dr. Brown, aren't you? Jim Lee is not your real name...?

BTW: BTTF was the most favorite film (all 3) of my son when he was a child. I saw it maybe hundred times so mine too and Dr. Brown is just perfect. :slight_smile:

Dr Brown was such a fun character! I totally relate to him, when I try to explain anything.

-jim lee

Power_Broker:
Why the **** do OPs ignore questions?

I don't get it. Whenever someone asks a question targeted towards me in a thread - whether I'm OP or not - I take the time to answer each. Yet, for some reason, lots of noobs asking questions here either straight up don't read questions or ignore them completely....

I'm betting what's going on is that they are coming at the problem with entirely the wrong mindset Mostly because they have no idea how to approach the problem in the first place. Therefor, by the time they post anything, they are completely overwhelmed. Reading questions just adds to the confusion. They have convinced themselves that the problem is in "this corner" and want to someone to just cleanup that corner and everything will be OK.

The fact that "that corner" can span galaxies is lost on them.

-jim lee

jimLee:
Dr Brown was such a fun character! I totally relate to him, when I try to explain anything.

-jim lee

Yeah, sorry. Rick Sanchez ruined him for me.

jimLee:

-jim lee

IMO he was more fun in Taxi.

I remember being at the theater, "The Search for Spock", and his character struck me - who is that?

Then, I was like, oh that's it, and spent the rest of the flick repeating his lines while doing my best "Rev. Jim".
[Haven't had as much fun at a movie since.]

Yes, i absolutely agree. A pizza is easier to eat than a burger.

kaseftamjid:
Yes, i absolutely agree. A pizza is easier to eat than a burger.

no. burger is easier.