K-type sensor adapter?

I’m looking for a K-type sensor module/adapter that I can use with the Arduino Uno that is has a K-type female plug. I want to be able to connect an external K type temperature probe to it. The only ones I’ve seen that say they are K-type sensors don’t look like what I need. This image is the type of probe I want to be able to plug to the on board.
Any ideas?

leftyg: I'm looking for a K-type sensor module/adapter that I can use with the Arduino Uno that is has a K-type female plug. I want to be able to connect an external K type temperature probe to it. The only ones I've seen that say they are K-type sensors don't look like what I need. This image is the type of probe I want to be able to plug to the on board. Any ideas? .

I had to build my own, using ADS1118 and sockets from OMEGA.

Chuck.

chucktodd: I had to build my own, using ADS1118 and sockets from OMEGA.

Chuck.

I'd love to see how you did it. It looks like the ADS1118 is a chip that can be used to sense temperature but without some instruction I'd be totally lost.

leftyg: I'd love to see how you did it. It looks like the ADS1118 is a chip that can be used to sense temperature but without some instruction I'd be totally lost.

Here is a pic of what I built |460x500

As you can see it is a two channel K-type thermocouple ADC. If you want one I have a couple with a Arduino library for $25.

Chuck.

Thanks, That looks like just what I'm trying to do. I'd like to try & build one myself first but if I can't I might take you up on your offer.

leftyg: Thanks, That looks like just what I'm trying to do. I'd like to try & build one myself first but if I can't I might take you up on your offer.

Finding the miniature Thermocouple socket was the expensive parts. Each one of the sockets is about $5 with shipping. everything else is less than $7.

Have fun, Remember, the Actual Sensor temp = cold Junction Temp + Sensor temp value. I fought that error for a few days. My ADC was returning 0.023mV when I as expecting 1.203 mV.

Chuck.

chucktodd: Finding the miniature Thermocouple socket was the expensive parts. Each one of the sockets is about $5 with shipping. everything else is less than $7.

Have fun, Remember, the Actual Sensor temp = cold Junction Temp + Sensor temp value. I fought that error for a few days. My ADC was returning 0.023mV when I as expecting 1.203 mV.

Chuck.

I've been looking on Omega's site & haven't been able to find that type socket you have. Also I haven't found a board like the one you have either. I didn't know it returns mV either.

leftyg: I've been looking on Omega's site & haven't been able to find that type socket you have. Also I haven't found a board like the one you have either. I didn't know it returns mV either.

for the part number of the connector do a search on PCC-SMP-K (without Retainer) or PCC-SMP-K-R with Retainer.

The Sell them in qty 100, 50 or 5.

Here is the Reference table for Voltage to temperature

The boards I built myself.

chuck.

chucktodd: for the part number of the connector do a search on PCC-SMP-K (without Retainer) or PCC-SMP-K-R with Retainer.

The Sell them in qty 100, 50 or 5.

Here is the Reference table for Voltage to temperature

The boards I built myself.

chuck.

Thanks, It looks like building the board is going to be more of a challenge than I thought. It's a great project.