Karma--

I wonder if the general rudeness exhibited by a number of members here would be reduced by the addition of a karma subtract option? Some of those folk really deserve to be in overall karma deficit; it might make them realise what total jack-asses they are, in spite of their technical helpfulness.

Been tried.
Bad idea.
(Think "Lord of the flies")

it might make them realise what total jack-asses they are,

Irony overload.

Something of a recurring theme from this IP address

Hal_Posoyan:
it might make them realise what total jack-asses they are, in spite of their technical helpfulness.

That seems to me to leave you (and other like minded folks) with a simple decision - do you prefer to have a grievance or a working project?

Don't expect everyone to be as well versed in the social graces as you are.

...R

@Robin2:

Really ?

Did you check this 1.5 week old member and his posts out ?
It's the pot calling the kettle..
And being a wiseass on top of that.

Well, that got someone's attention.

Apparently they've been here forever, changing their username over and over again.
So it was necessary to send me a PM explaining their swearing superiority over me, and announcing the account to be empty before i could reply.

Well, i guess we'll see this troll again.
Curious what name it'll have at that time.

MAS3:
Well, that got someone's attention.

Apparently they've been here forever, changing their username over and over again.

Well, I'm astonished.
I would never have guessed.

Hal_Posoyan:
I wonder if the general rudeness exhibited by a number of members here would be reduced by the addition of a karma subtract option? Some of those folk really deserve to be in overall karma deficit; it might make them realise what total jack-asses they are, in spite of their technical helpfulness.

I wonder if the specific rudeness (via PM) exhibited by one particular member here would be reduced by the addition of a forum ban?
Oh. I don't have to wonder- it's 100% effective, at least until the next time this tedious troll opens a new account. Ho-hum.