KB shortcut <Ctrl + k> unreliable?

All other shortcuts are working OK for me, but Ctrl+K fails to open the sketch folder in about 95% of cases. Using Sketch > Show Sketch Folder works fine. Anyone else have similar behaviour please?

Work 100% for me. Maybe a problem with your OS? What version of the IDE on what OS are you using?

Thanks @pylon. That PC in my shed workshop is an old one running XP. I’ll try it on my house Win 10 system tomorrow.

Same behaviour on Win 10 PC. All other IDE KB shortcuts execpt Ctrl+K work.

Arduino IDE 1.8.13 Win 10 Pro Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1139) (reported as latest in Settings).

EDIT: I'm homing in on a possible cause. I have a macro app, Macro Express Pro, and I have natuarlly ensured that none of my many hundreds of macros are activated by Ctrl+K. But on closing MX Pro, the subject shortcut worked. And on re-opening, it still worked. Too early to be confident (a phrase I'm hearing a lot this morning!) but I hope that means it turns out to be a one-off aberration.

My system goes to the last-used sketch location when I boot the IDE. If I start a new sketch, it uses the location as shown in the Preferences dialog box (i.e., File --> Preferences). Does that work the same for you?

econjack: My system goes to the last-used sketch location when I boot the IDE. If I start a new sketch, it uses the location as shown in the Preferences dialog box (i.e., File --> Preferences). Does that work the same for you?

Yes to both. However I hardly ever open a new sketch that way; I usually open a previous one, or save the current sketch with a new name ready for further editing.

Returning to my problem, my post #3 turned out to be prematurely optimistic. I've eliminated that as a cause.

My latest lead is that it only appears to fail when the sketch has been opened in my most frequently used way, namely by hitting Enter from its Explorer folder entry. If instead I use [u]File > Open[/u] from an already open sketch, then Ctrl+K works as it should.

This is using my Win 10 Pro PC.

Anyone else get that distinction please?