Keep data from Arduito Yun and Send this data to Arduino shield GSM

Hello,

Could you please explain me how can I do for

1. Keep data from my server with Arduino Yun

2. Send these data to my Arduino shield GSM

Thank you for your help

Can you give a better explanation of your requirements, please?

Yun can use Mailbox or YunServer/YunClient to receive commands from internet or a webpage. Then you can use the GSM library to send data through the GSM shield. Mind that connecting the GSM shield to the Yun is the same thing as to a Leonardo, so read this http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/GSMShieldLeonardoMega

My request is very simple no ?
I would like connect Arduino shield GSM with Arduin YUN is it possibile YES or NOT

I want access to my web server with Arduino shiled GSM by with Arduino YUN

Keep data from Arduino Yun for send date to Arduin shield GSM

i hope you can anderstand :wink:

Sorry I thought I gave you an answer by pointing you in the direction of using YunServer/YunClient or Mailbox to achieve your goal.
Which part of my answer is not an answer for you? What kind of answer did you expected?

I want to know how can I connect Arduino shield GSM with Arduino Yun for both communique IS VERY SIMPLE NO ?????? :frowning:

WHERE IS THE ARDUINO SUPPORT ????

Arduino21:
My request is very simple no ?

It may very well be simple, but we're sorry that we are having trouble understanding just what you want.

I would like connect Arduino shield GSM with Arduin YUN is it possibile YES or NOT

Yes, it is possible. The Arduino Yun is basically an Arduino Leonardo with a serial port connection to a Linux processor that run OpenWRT and has an Ethernet and WiFi connection. To connect the GSM shield to the Yun, follow the instructions for a Leonardo in the link that Federico provided: http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/GSMShieldLeonardoMega. Then once connected, use the GSM library referenced on that page to write software to talk to the GSM shield.

I want access to my web server with Arduino shiled GSM by with Arduino YUN

This sounds like you want to use the Yun to access your web server using the GSM shield. The page mentioned above tells how to connect the GSM shield to the Yun, and the GSM library documentation tells how to write your code to access your server over the GSM module link.

Keep data from Arduino Yun for send date to Arduin shield GSM

I understand each individual word in there, but I still don't understand just what it is you really want to do. And it sounds like other people here are having the same problem. What do you mean by "keep data"? You are saying that over and over again, but can you phrase it differently so we can understand?

You are using a Yun, so it sounds like you might want to do more than just use the GSM connection. Do you also want to involve the WiFi or Ethernet connections?

A different description of your overall goal would be helpful. From what we can figure out so far, is that you want to use a Yun, and a GSM module. You also want to do something with a server, and you want to do something over the GSM link. What kind of server access do you want to perform - load a web page, make an HTTP POST or GET, or something else? How do you want to access the server - over the GSM, the Wifi, or Ethernet? What kind of data do you want to send to or from the Server? What kind of data do you want to send over the GSM?

Or maybe you don't know how you want to access the data, but you know what you want to do. In that case, don't worry about the communications, give us a description of just what you want to do. Something like "I want to use the GSM shield to make a GSM connection to the Internet, so that I can access a server so that I can get some data to do "something." Or maybe you want to use the GSM connection to access a server and send some data that the Yun has collected." Or maybe you want to use the Yun to access something from the WiFi and send to somewhere using the GSM. Or what?

Given what you have said so far, there are many interpretations of what you want to do, and we just don't understand enough details to be able to really help you.

Arduino21:
I want to know how can I connect Arduino shield GSM with Arduino Yun for both communique IS VERY SIMPLE NO ?????? :frowning:

Apparently not so simple. You've been given links describing how to connect the GSM shield to the Yun, but we don't really understand what you mean by "both communique." Do you mean communications between the GSM shield and Yun? If so, that's covered by the previously mentioned pages. If not, then we don't understand what you want, so a better description would be helpful.

Right here, and you are getting answers that are trying to help. What are you expecting?

It's clear that English is not your first language. That's not a problem. But getting upset when people don't understand you doesn't help. Keep calm, and try to explain your problem in different words. When we understand what you want to do, and what you've tried to do that didn't work, and what you expect from the Arduino community, then maybe somebody can help. If you want tips of where to look for more information, we'll help you out once we understand what you need. But if you expect someone here to write your code for you, that's probably not going to happen, and definitely won't happen without understanding just what you want.

Please take a few deep breaths, relax, and try to explain your problem a bit more clearly.

Arduino21:

Support is now on a different tab, just to the right of the forum tab.

(Is there something wrong with your '?' key? It looks like it is sticking on auto-repeat)

Hi again. Please excuse me for my last message. Indeed, English is not my first language and I got caught up in the frustration of not being understood. This time, I asked my wife to translate what I wanted to say.

This is what I meant:

Here’s a simpler way of describing my problem.
I would like to connect my Arduino Shield GSM with my Arduino YUN, just the way it is described in this link:

But the problem is that in the web page of the above link, the GSM is connected with a Leonardo card and not a YUN.

What I want to do is do the same thing, but with a YUN + GSM. I want it to be done in such a way that there is no interference between the two cards.

Is this possible? Should I do a jumper? If this is the case, what kind of jumper should be done for the YUN? Should it be a header on pin 2 pulled to the side, just like it is in the example with the Leonardo?

Will there be a conflict with the pin 7 of the Arduino shield GSM and the Arduino YUN?

Many thanks in advance for your help, and sorry again for scowling :frowning:

OK, now I think we understand. Thanks for the clarification.

You can think of the Yun as a Leonardo that just happens to have a Linux networking processor hooked up to the serial TX/RX lines D0 and D1. So all of the connections shown on that page for a Leonardo, including the jumper and the D2 pin being moved to the side, also applies to the Yun.

The GSM library changes the pins it uses based on the board type. When a Leonardo is selected, it will use the proper pin to talk to the GSM module. However, you can't select a Leonardo in the board type menu, as you are using a Yun. With the Yun board type selected, it's possible that the library won't use the right pin, you might have to go into the library code and change the pin number. How to do this is described in the "Using alternate pins with the library" section of that page that shows the connections.

Unfortunately, I don't have any personal experience with the GSM shield, so I can't tell you ahead of time whether you will have to make this change or not.

Does this help?

ShapeShifter:
Unfortunately, I don't have any personal experience with the GSM shield, so I can't tell you ahead of time whether you will have to make this change or not.

I took a look at the source code for the GSM library. It chooses the pin used according to the processor type and not the specific board. Selecting either a Leonardo (as described on the connections web page) or a Yun (which is what you have) will set up the code to target an ATmega32u4 processor. Either way, the code uses pin 8, so you should set the board type to Yun in the Arduino IDE, then you need to bend pin 2 out of the way and put a jumper wire between pins 2and 8, exactly as described on that page.

You should NOT need to make any changes to the GSM library.

Arduino21:

No need to yell!!!! Please...

Frederico already gave you the basic support: Connecting a GSM shield to the Yun is the same as connecting it to an Arduino Leonardo...

In general, you need to realize that in a forum, the amount of info you get is directly related to the amount of info you give in...

EDIT:Sorry, but somehow your subsequent post didn't show up for me...
Ralf

HI NO HELP ME PLEASE ??

Arduino21:
HI NO HELP ME PLEASE ??

Is this a new question? I believe your previous questions have been fully answered above. If you need some more information, or have some new questions, you're really going to have to give us more to go on and describe what you want.

By saying "no help me" it sounds like you don't want help and want us to leave you alone. With that attitude, we will indeed leave you alone. (I don't think that's what you want! But at this point we have no idea what you really want.)