Keypad 4x4 matrix

Hi there i am new to the Arduino world and am learning about different projects and how they work,
The problem i have at the moment is i am try to install a sketch to use a 4x4 keypad which is as follows

#include <Keypad.h>

const byte ROWS = 4; //four rows
const byte COLS = 4; //four columns
//define the cymbols on the buttons of the keypads
char hexaKeys[ROWS][COLS] = {
{‘1’,‘2’,‘3’,‘A’},
{‘4’,‘5’,‘6’,‘B’},
{‘7’,‘8’,‘9’,‘C’},
{’*’,‘0’,’#’,‘D’}
};
byte rowPins[ROWS] = {5, 4, 3, 2}; //connect to the row pinouts of the keypad
byte colPins[COLS] = {9, 8, 7, 6}; //connect to the column pinouts of the keypad

//initialize an instance of class NewKeypad
Keypad customKeypad = Keypad( makeKeymap(hexaKeys), rowPins, colPins, ROWS, COLS);

void setup(){
Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop(){
char customKey = customKeypad.getKey();

if (customKey != NO_KEY){
Serial.println(customKey);
}
}

I then get error message saying

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
enabled in File > Preferences.
Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows NT (unknown)), Board: “Arduino Uno”
CustomKeypad:25: error: ‘Keypad’ does not name a type
CustomKeypad.ino: In function ‘void loop()’:
CustomKeypad:32: error: ‘customKeypad’ was not declared in this scope
CustomKeypad:34: error: ‘NO_KEY’ was not declared in this scope

can anyone help with this problem is would much appreciated
Many Thanks
Scrabby007

Looks like the Keypad library is not installed correctly. Did you restart the IDE after putting the library files (Kaypad.h, Keypad.cpp, utilities folder) into Arduino/libraries/Keypad/ ?

sorry having a blonde moment didnt understand that answer all i didnt was download a library from a site that had keypad in it i the open it up in the sketch it then brings up the sketch in some video i notice the world Keypad is in red but on this sketch it is not !! as i said i am new to this and still learning so any advice is appreciated thank you for your time regards

sorry having a blonde moment didnt understand that answer all i didnt was download a library from a site that had keypad in it i the open it up in the sketch it then brings up the sketch on the screen. In some video i notice the world Keypad is in red but on this sketch it is not !! as i said i am new to this and still learning so any advice is appreciated thank you for your time regards

You can read about the Keypad library and how to use it here: http://playground.arduino.cc/code/Keypad