Keypad access, working on Uno, keypad input issue with Nano

Hey,
New to Arduino, coding etc just having a go at a new hobby.

The first project I wanted to tackle was applying an access control panel to my automated gate,
the gate is simply a swing assy. with a DC motor controlled by latching directional relays, once energised the relays hold in until the coil circuit is cut by the limit switches.

Ive found a suitable 'how to' for a keypad with LCD screen access control and used the circuit design and coding, setup on my UNO for prototyping it works. I have swapped everything over to a Nano board as I picked up a handfull cheap.
Now the keypad i have is a 4x4 with a female header conn. that i have plugged straight onto the board at A0,A1,A2,A3,A4,A5,A6 & A7, however the code, originally for a UNO, did not have an A6 or A7....

I have edited the code,

byte rowPins[ROWS] = {A0,A1,A2,A3, };//
byte colPins[COLS] = { A4,A5,9,10, };//

changing the '9, 10' to A6, A7

however once I load the sketch column 3 and 4 do not register....

any suggestions??

I have more ideas on how I would like to further develop this circuit but this is the basic setup .
thanks in advance for your help

Joseph

You cannot use A6 and A7 as digital inputs

simple and to the point :wink:
thank you, sir

Joe_duino:
simple and to the point :wink:
thank you, sir

I would have said more but I was using my 'phone at the time so typed as little as possible :slight_smile:

nah perfect chief, chucked the pins back to the original config. and its working fine,
wanted to plug the keypad straight into the nano so that was my only reason to adjust it.
Im looking to add 2 inputs and 2 outputs to this code
the inputs would be limit switches for the travel of the gate
and the outputs would be for directional relays

im guessin 'if's and 'else's would be the way to go.....