Keysweeper

Hi, I found the following project which I wanted to test: http://samy.pl/keysweeper/

I'm not planning to spy on people, that is why I decided to use arduino UNO and the NRF 24L01+ chip and deleted all references to FONA and the backtrace device. I just want to display the captured keys on the serial monitor. I connected everything acc to project spec. I used a 10uF capacitor with the NRF chip.

I'm facing the following problems: 1. The devide captures only one in a few keystrokes. 2. When using the original UNO it is sometimes impossible to detect the keyboard. The problem disappears when I'm using the SparkFun Red Board.

Has anyone else tried this project and face similar difficulties?? Appreciate any suggestions as to where to look for a solution.

Obviously no body believes his stated intention! ;)

Weedpharma

When I read the article I got the feeling it was bull.

Mark

The project actually works. It captures the packets, decrypts keystrokes and so on. The problem is that it once it gets one, it takes at least 5-7 secs to intercept another. I don’t see any delays in the code.

I wonder if there is something missing from the code? I’ll also try to power the NRF24L01+ from a separate power source instead of the arduino.

Can using the serial monitor be slowing the whole contraption down??

Any advice appreciated.

The lack of assistance is due to the possibility of the device being used for nefarious purposes. Things such as infringing on someone's privacy or security.

You will probably have to work this out yourself.

Weedpharma

weedpharma: The lack of assistance is due to the possibility of the device being used for nefarious purposes. Things such as infringing on someone's privacy or security.

Exactly! If you know anyone that has had their online accounts hacked, you're not likely to help others carry it out.

Totally understandable. Anyway, thanks for your time.

yamamotooko,

Please advise if you made any progress using the UNO. I want to present this to my classrom for my final project but I do not know how to program the Pro Mini and instead want to use the UNO provided by the professor. Can I use the LCD screen that comes with the Starter Kit to display the keystrokes?

For the same reasons given above, I hope yamamotooko does not respond.

Weedpharma

There are legit ways and reasons for doing this. Whitehat hacking, and really just proving it can be done. We had several users who pissed and moaned over wireless keyboards. I went to Defcon and heard about how easy it was. My worry was someone could be on the street gathering passwords and such. The employees wouldn't let me switch to wired keyboards. I proved it could work and the GM toss the wireless keyboards fast.

i saw this project now and i want help from you guys i want to do the same …using just arduino board and NRF24L01 and detect keystokes

i saw the code in github but i am having compiling issues
pls share the correct code to me

i need urgent help guys