KiCad and LibraryLoader from Mouser??

Has anybody used the library loader from mouser?
its basically a program that automatically sends component info to the CAD software but it doesn't seem to be work right.
If anybody knows of any good tutorials or has any experience on how the two programs intertwine with each other, I would be all ears.

I've seen good tutorials on KiCad by itself but nothing on using the LibraryLoader.

Thanks.

“I’ve seen good tutorials on KiCad by itself but nothing on using the LibraryLoader.”

That’s because the Library Loader is not written by KiCad.

ecads.jpg

I don't get why this type of stuff cant be way more user friendly??
seems like you need a freaking degree in computer science to potentially give that company money.

in the schematic layout editor.

prefrences

manage symbol libraries

browse libraries

should be obvious from that point on.

I don't have the "browse libraries" tab

its 2019. jeez.

I think I got it figured out… it could’ve been way simpler in my opinion.

LandonW:
its 2019. jeez.

I think I got it figured out.... it could've been way simpler in my opinion.

It is. Use Eagle.

LandonW:
its 2019. jeez.

I think I got it figured out.... it could've been way simpler in my opinion.

Best to give that opinion in the appropriate forum really, the Kicad support forum perhaps.

LandonW:
Has anybody used the library loader from mouser?
. . .

Yes. Use this with extreme care. In principle it is good to have a target software independent PCB footprint and 3d model generator and the availability of a ready made footprint can be an important consideration in buying a component.

However, on two items that I have looked at very recently, a battery holder and PLCC socket, were incorrect.
The mounting holes on the battery holder were in the wrong position relative to the outside of the package and the pin numbering on the PLCC socket were all jumbled up. Fortunately, I bought the battery holder first, before finalising the PCB design. At least with the PLCC socket, I could check against the manufacturer's data sheet.

Actually, to be fair, the system provided a warning that they were using "contributed" data and that the results should be checked.

On the issue of usability, they could have done better by simply supplying pre-generated Eagle, Kicad etc. design items, but I suppose they want to "bind you in" to their system and don't want users simply making use of their designs but buying the components cheaper elsewhere. But, ultimately, it is the manufacturer's responsibility to supply the such design aids which make their products more usable.

I feel that maybe if a more user friendly application would bring loyal customers and maybe be willing to spend a little more at that parts company.

Similar to the Arduino platform. It’s not a board that you are buying into. It’s also a community, helpful people, and updates on new products. Etc.