Krida AC Triac Controller Behaves Inconsistenly with my sketch

I bought the AC Triac Controller from Krida. I am confident that there is nothing wrong with the controller but I get inconsistent outputs from a 120 volt incandescent lamp with my 60 Hz power. The code from Krida is:

unsigned char AC_LOAD = 7;    // Output to Opto Triac pin
unsigned char dimming = 3;  // Dimming level (0-100)
unsigned char i;

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
  pinMode(AC_LOAD, OUTPUT);// Set AC Load pin as output
  attachInterrupt(1, zero_crosss_int, RISING);

// Serial.begin(9600);

}

void zero_crosss_int()  // function to be fired at the zero crossing to dim the light
{
  // Firing angle calculation : 1 full 50Hz wave =1/50=20ms 
  // Every zerocrossing : (50Hz)-> 10ms (1/2 Cycle) For 60Hz (1/2 Cycle) => 8.33ms 
  // 10ms=10000us

int dimtime = (100*dimming);    // For 60Hz =>65    
  delayMicroseconds(dimtime);    // Off cycle
  digitalWrite(AC_LOAD, HIGH);   // triac firing
  delayMicroseconds(10);         // triac On propogation delay (for 60Hz use 8.33)
  digitalWrite(AC_LOAD, LOW);    // triac Off
}

void loop() {

// Serial.println(pulseIn(8, HIGH));

for (i=5;i<85;i++)
          {
            dimming=i;
            delay(20);
          }

for (i=85;i>5;i--)
          {
            dimming=i;
            delay(20);
          }

}

The light will turn on smoothly and turn off smoothly but then it will start the on-off sequence very rapidly and then maybe recover. I know that the author of the test code was using 50 Hz and maybe the constants need to be changed for 60 Hz. The link to the description is

http://www.inmojo.com/store/krida-electronics/item/ac-led-bulb-dimmer-controller-arduino/

I would appreciate any help explaining the operation of the power controller. I hope that I have provided enough detail. Thanks if you can help. My ultimate goal is a fuzzy controller but I will begin with standard PID.

Bob

I know that the author of the test code was using 50 Hz and maybe the constants need to be changed for 60 Hz

The comments in the code tell you how to set the constants for 60 Hz. With delays of 100*dimming at the higher dimming values, you are going over the half cycle point for 60 Hz. I'm not sure the pulse width really needs changing from 10 to 8.

//int dimtime = (100*dimming);    // For 60Hz =>65    
  int dimtime = (65*dimming);    
  delayMicroseconds(dimtime);    // Off cycle
  digitalWrite(AC_LOAD, HIGH);   // triac firing
 // delayMicroseconds(10);         // triac On propogation delay (for 60Hz use 8.33)
  delayMicroseconds(8);  
  digitalWrite(AC_LOAD, LOW);    // triac Off

Thanks much. Will try tomorrow.