L Led Flashes Constantly

I'm really an completely dumbfounded by this issue. I had a working Arduino Duemilanove up until today when I was tweaking the code using the Tone.h library. I got the thing playing all of the provided songs and was writing a add on program that would play a song according to what letter you send the arduino. This worked a few times perfectly. Then on the last upload, it compiled and loaded the code fine according to the IDE. However as soon as this finished the L LED started constantly flashing.

Since the arduino is communicating serially I have had to reset the ardunio every time I upload the code. I assumed that maybe one of my project partners has hit the reset during upload and maybe corrupted the boot load. No problem I thought, I had a extra 382 with the arduino boot load with a old project on it. So I exchanged chips. It worked fine with the old code on the replaced 382. However after the recompile and upload the same thing happens with the switched chip.

I am offically lost. I have no idea wtf is happening.

FWI, this is for a Senior Project Class. As I said it has been working fine for the last 4 weeks but now nothing with the L flashing.

Hold the reset button on the board. Start the upload (click the Upload button). Wait until the Arduino IDE displays the "build complete" message and then release the reset button.

The "build complete" message looks something like this... "Binary sketch size: 4634 bytes (of a 8192 byte maximum)"

It might be helpful to post your (complete) code. Sounds like your program could be running out of memory and resetting the ATmega328.

Can you comment out the last section of code you were working on before the trouble started?