L led is dim

For some reason my project is not working and I think it is because the L led is very dim and not bright and if that is the problem how do I fix it this is what is coming up:

Sketch uses 1,030 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes. Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes. avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\.\COM3": The system cannot find the file specified.

Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

More than likely, you left this out of setup() :

pinMode (13, OUTPUT);

That's in the setup and i wanted to do a complicated circuit, but then the same error came up, so I did the Blink one and still the same error came up

Is there a different solution?

The code isn't uploading, so it doesn't matter if it is a simple or complicated sketch.

Are you certain COM3 is the correct port?

Yes COM 3 is the correct port it's the USB port

Okay. So how about a little bit of information so someone might actually be able to help?

What board? Where did you buy it? What operating system? What version of the IDE? Is the correct board selected on the tools menu? Does COM3 disappear from the Serial Port menu when you disconnect the board?

dk101: I think it is because the L led is very dim and not bright and if that is the problem how do I fix it this is

The brightness may just be because of the code that is currently running. Use a DMM to measure the voltage of the board's 5V pin. What about the Power LED?

Arduino Uno, Radioshack, Windows computer, 1.6.3, yes, yes

There were two more questions... voltage at 5V pin and condition of power LED

5 volts and it is now dim

Both the L and the on led is dim

I need help

None of you helped me

dk101: None of you helped me

Ungrateful much?

YOURE ALL MONKEYS!!!! [pointless offensive name calling deleted]

Well, that's good for a permanent Ban.