L light blinks all the time

Hi,

I just got my arduino boards, and i seem to have a problem with it. Im really new to this, i understand only very basic yet. So my new arduino board blinks (the L light blinks) all the time, non stop. I tried to reset the arduino, so while i press the reset button it stops blinking but then when i let it go, it starts again. Also when i try to upload the sketch(blink) it gives me:

Binary sketch size: 1124 bytes (of a 14336 byte maximum)

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

Please please someone help me to sort this out...i really need to get it working, to be able to do my project.

my platform is Mac os (mac book pro) ive got arduino duemilanove

also i used another arduino board in college before on this very same computer, and it worked perfectly.So what am i doing wrong?

Recent arduino duemilanove boards have been shipping with the 328 processor chip so have you selected in the pull down board selection the choice of 328?

Lefty

Thanx for replying, Sorry to ask maybe the stupid question, but as I said im really new to this: i cant find this 328 anywhere, is it supposed to be under tools > board??? if so then it doesnt appear there, is there something i had to install to see this???

Which kind of board had you earlier used with your computer? Was it arduino duemilanove? If no make sure you install the board.

Thanx for replying, Sorry to ask maybe the stupid question, but as I said im really new to this: i cant find this 328 anywhere, is it supposed to be under tools > board??? if so then it doesnt appear there, is there something i had to install to see this???

Yes under tools > board but only starting with version 13 of the Arduino IDE. What version are you running?

Lefty

arduino 13, but its really not there?! all ive got under those options is:

arduino nano arduino pro or mini(8 MHz) Arduino BT Arduino NG or older w/ ATmega8 Arduino NG or older w/ ATmega168 Arduino mini Arduino Diecimila Lilypad Arduino

Ive got the Arduino Diecimila checked now, it doesnt work.....

guys i think i sorted it, ive installed arduino 15 and it works now:) thanks a lot for your help anyway:)):):):)

oh my, im stuck with something im guessing pretty simple again:(

im trying to make flash cs4 communicate to arduino15 , nothing works,
can someone please please please please please help me, im going crazy with it.

I went through so many explanation on how to do it, but i get stuck, something goes wrong, and i cant put my head around it, it just doesnt work.

there are no serial proxy buttons in arduino15, only serial monitor…and it seems to be the required thing to do…

please help me with a solution to get around it… :’(

You may find you get more responses if you start a new thread with a new title! But still, in what way does your Flash CS4 communication not work? Any error messages? Can you post the sketch source code?