L293d motor control shield

Bought the l293d motor shield off wish. Im using 4 18650 lithon ion battey 3.7 v. Have them wire in series and parallel to totall voltage is 7.4 v. Not enough powrr to move 130 toy dy motor need help

Rather than the ancient, terribly inefficient and very limited L293D, use a modern motor driver.

Be sure to choose one that can handle the start/stall current of your motor. Pololu has a great selection, but this one can handle a great many small motors.

I am with jremington. Take that L293 driver outside and throw it as far as you can. Then go inside and order a proper motor driver.

If you really want help with what you have, post a schematic of your wiring showing all components and power supplies and the code that you used for testing.

Read the how to use this forum-please read sticky to see how to properly post code. Remove useless white space and format the code with the IDE autoformat tool (crtl-t or Tools, Auto Format) before posting code.

tstack1986:
Not enough powrr to move 130 toy dy motor need help

There must be something else wrong.
The L293 dinosaur is inefficient, but it shouldn't have any problem driving a tiny toy motor.

Read the "How to post" thread of the forum, and post all the information we need to help you.
DON't start another thread for your project, like you have done now (four times).
Leo..

Whats a good motor Driver? Im my arduino parts off wish

What are the specs of the motor? Motor supply voltage and stall current?

Im using parts form Walmart new bright rc car. the are 130 dc motors that about all i know. they so have different color caps. do u know how to test them for the specs. they dont have any identifing marks

Are these your motors?

One of the first things I bought after I started with Arduino was an L298 motor driver module. And it failed me gloriously. I was extremely disappointed and it took me a while to realize that the problem was not me but the L298, then I went and bought my beautiful DRV8833 motor driver module. (I suggest OP buys one too, it can drive two 1A motors, or one 2A motor).

The problem is, the Internet is FILLED with tutorials about L298 and L293. If you search for how to drive a motor with an Arduino all you get is L29x tutorials. That's how I myself ended up buying one. Someone needs to take down/update those tutorials.
I don't know why that is. They are garbage. They are not good for anything. Really. They should never be used. Never mentioned. They are basically elements that turn battery power into heat, and if you happen to have a freaking car battery attached to them you may be lucky enough to drive a 3v motor with them.

According to this teardown they have the common toy DC motor. I assume the batteries are in series meaning the motor needs around 6 volts. OP has 7.4v. The L29x drops like 2volts if I remember correctly from my own experience. But even in this worst case scenario the motor should still move a little bit.
OP are you sure your wiring is correct?

Also if the motor is 3 volts then connecting it to 7.4 volts could damage it.

The problem is, the Internet is FILLED with tutorials about L298 and L293. If you search for how to drive a motor with an Arduino all you get is L29x tutorials. That's how I myself ended up buying one. Someone needs to take down/update those tutorials.
I don't know why that is. They are garbage. They are not good for anything. Really. They should never be used. Never mentioned. They are basically elements that turn battery power into heat, and if you happen to have a freaking car battery attached to them you may be lucky enough to drive a 3v motor with them.

I respectfully beg to differ. I have used L293s (16 pin DIP) and L298s
and never had any trouble getting them to work. Admittedly there is a voltage drop and there tends
to be a minimum load in that it doesn't do well with small loads but I have driven 130 dc motors with
the L293 DIP IC using a 6V battery pack. I have found that often the posters having trouble are trying to use 9V smoke alarm batteries but you should have no trouble with 18650 3.7V batteries. They should work great.
Also, 7.4 V is greater than the max voltage (6V) of a 130 DC motor.
I submit it is not a power insuffiency issue but something else hardware or software related.
You have posted no code or schematic or photos of your setup so I don't know how we are supposed
to help you.

If you really believe it is a power insufficiency issue why don't replace the motor with a 6V incandescent
lamp or even an led with a series resistor to see if it turns that on and off.
Barring a simple diagnostic test like that I don't see how we can help you based on what little information
you have submitted and the fact that there are many google links about using the L293 to drive a 130 DC motor, most notably this one:
Driving 130 DC MOTOR with 16-PIN DIP L293 IC and arduino

For the record, this is one of the first projects I did when I started with arduinos in late 2013/early 2014.
By "this", I mean this exact link.

(the fact that the L293 & L298 are inferior to 'a real motor driver' is , quite literally , irrelevant as your
post title is "L293d motor control shield". Any comments by others that don't directly address that
topic are 'off topic', with the exception of maybe saying that "AFTER you get this working , THEN you
might consider upgrading". Otherwise, you are avoiding the issue rather than addressing it. I always
troubleshoot circuits until I isolate the problem before throwing them in the trash and upgrading. How
else are you going to learn ?)

FYI, if by some chance the L293 is miswired and power is connected to an output WITHOUT any load,
the internal devices can be damaged from the unrestricted current. This is why the first step should always
be running a diagnostic test with incandescent lamps or leds to make sure the device turns on and off
before running the real load.