L293D Voltage Supply (Vs) Input Current......

I want to ask........

Can I use a 2A and 6V battery for supply purpose to L293D ?
Note: I want to know about the current not voltage....

I know the supply voltage range that is 4.5V - 36V.....

But don't know about the maximum input current which can flow from L293D towards Motor easily.......
Without causing any problem like exploding or burning L293D...

Please reply soon.....
Thanks in Advance :smiley:

According to the datasheet, maximum continuous output current of each L293D output is 600 mA.

I know that Continuous Output current is 600mA per channel.......

But my question is.......
That I have a battery with rating 6v and 2A......

So, Can I connect this battery to L293D ?

Will the battery damage L293D because the current is 2A which could be higher than maximum input current can be given to L293D?

Because I didn't find it anywhere in datasheet.....

That's why I am asking.....

I am asking maximum input current can be given to L293D.......
Not maximum output current L293D can provide...... which is 600mA.....

Anyway thanx for answering....

I m still waiting for the proper answer......!
:fearful:

Amperage/current is a measure of the number of electrons flowing. The number flowing into the L293D is the same as the number flowing out. The motors you are driving will determine how many electrons will flow, not the battery current rating,

It is unusual for a battery to have a current rating (in Amps). It is more common to have a capacity rating in Amp-Hours.

Unfortunately if a motor driver doesn't provide current-limiting, that's your responsibility (you could have a current-limited supply, or check the motor stall current is never too large, or else have to provide current-monitoring and protection circuit)

As for battery manufacturers, they are always reluctant to tell you just how bad their products perform :wink: (Though to be fair current rating is dependent on age, temperature and history...)

What if I have a stepper motor which is 6v and 1.2 A, can I use the motor driver l293 for it?

The collective wisdom on the forum is that one should move away from the old 293-technology and embrace more efficient ways of driving motors. One or other of these will likely suit your needs.

L293D

Input current =max 100 ΞA
Output current=600mA

www.tenettech.com

I am also a newbie in arduino working on a bot with L293D shield. But I have the similar question as what would be the input current to drive all 4 dc motors and 2 servo motors. I can see that it can supply .6Amp current for the four motors which leds to at least 2.4 amp input current unless the shield itself amplify the current. so can I use the 12V 2Amp supply without damaging teh board?

WHY are there so many posts asking about L293s and L298s? Isn't it almost 2020?

Because they cost $2 and noobs just go by the pictures and marketing superlatives. :slight_smile: , @debarun, how much current does each motor and servo require?