L6235 + Arduino + 24 BLDC motor

The L6235 is a smart motor driver chip. I want to interface it directly with the Arduino in order to drive a 24V BLDC motor. Ideas?

Which motor? It has hall sensors? That controller doesn't seem to be PWM controllable, note.

Motor: http://www.anaheimautomation.com/products/brushless/brushless-motor-item.php?sID=142&pt=i&tID=96&cID=22 The BLWR111S-24V-10000 is the 24V BLDC motor I'm using.

I've never used the L6235 smart motor driver chip, but from the datasheet, there are only 4 logic inputs to control it: the Fwd/Reverse, the Vref pin, the Brake pin, and the Enable Pin. It's also got the typical 3 Hall Sensor Inputs and the 3 Phase Motor Outputs to control the BLDC motor's commutation. It uses PWM control by setting the R + C values to determine the pulse frequency; see pg9 on the datasheet.

Any reference or advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Let's say I dont want to use the L6235. How do I directly control the BLDC motor with my Arduino? I can attach the transistors (6) to the Arduino and pull them high or low to get the CCW or CW directions. The Arduino can only source a few mA of current to the 3 outputs of the motor, which needs 24V.

I just ordered 2 L6235's for a project. Haven't used them yet, but as an experiment, I plan on using some mosfets to buffer the output of the L6235 and be able to drive the 80 watt motors off 10W chips. No idea if it will work, theoretically it should. I think you need to look at interface theory on micros and how to get X volts/amps out of an arduino. Basically, you can't. You will need 6 transistors. 3 signal, 3 power. Look up darlington transistors to get an idea of the concept. 3 signal need to be able to switch on and off with the current and voltage the arduino can supply and should be able to source or sink the required switch ccurrent of the power transistor. The power transistor needs to be able to source/sink the current off the motor. Then look up bldc control theory and go wild. I don't plan on building my own with transistorr and writing to low level code. To me, that's what interface chips are for. If you go this route i'd be curious to hear about your results. I fear the arduino may not provide high enough frequency to truly unlock the potential of the motors.