LabView and Arduino Duemi

Hello.

I would like to know if it is always necessary to compile a code and upload to the board for running a LabView vi.

Example:

I would like to blink an LED connected to the pin 13 of the board. I write a vi file in labview (using VISA application). I connect the board and run this vi. Now the question is, does this vi work simply or I should write a code in Arudiuno language, compile it and upload to the board. Then I am able to run that blinking LED example of LabView. I hope you understand my question :)

I am a beginner in Arduino world, learning by myself.

Best regards from Germany FP

I should write a code in Arudiuno language, compile it and upload to the board.

This is generally required for the board to work. As to the Labview, you will need to write a program in labview to send the required arduino commands to the serial port to which the arduino is connected.

Well, then its twice headace... first, to program the board, and then write VISA in LabView... (if I understood right)...

Should I think there's no way to control "the board" with labview without writing the Arduino code for the board? :o

:-/

Have you tried the "blink" sketch that is included with the arduino IDE? Very simple program for you to start with. The arduino normally receives input via serial port. For Labview programming, try the board search function for "labview", and use a general google search for "labview serial port".

Should I think there's no way to control "the board" with labview without writing the Arduino code for the board?

Yes, you should think that. If you want to control the board with labview, you need some code running on the board to control.

Without appropriate code on the board, that is aware of the sensors and other hardware attached to the board, there is nothing to control.