labview interface with arduino and xbee

hello, i have an arduino uno with 2 xbee s2 and one xbee shield..the problem is that i do not have the xbee explorer to be able to connect the xbee to the pc so can i achieve that using other solution? and how?

also i am asking if i can do it via 2 arduino(an xbee connected to each one) one connected to the pc and the other powered by a battery?

my project is to control a robot via arduino wirelessly using labview..that's why i need one xbee connected to the pc

thank you

You could buy another Arduino and another XBee shield. Or, you could buy the USB Explorer.

so just to confirm ..i can replace the xbee explorer by the xbee shield and arduino?

i can replace the xbee explorer by the xbee shield and arduino?

Yes.

thank you for the reply..but can anyone tell me the steps to follow ?

thank you

but can anyone tell me the steps to follow ?

To do what?

hey i have now two xbees connected each to xbee shield and one of them is connected to an arduino board without the microcontroller and the other to an arduino board with the controller..the one with no microcontroller on it is connected to the pc directly by a usb cable and the xbee module is configured to be the router..and the other with the microcontroller is powered by a battery and the xbee module is configured to be the coordinator if i open the xctu and i write something in the terminal window i can see that di led on one xbee shield is blinking and the do led on the other xbee shield is blinking also.. how can i know that the xbees are connected ? because when i perform range test i receive time out waiting for data but i can see that the di led on one is blinking along with the do led on the other. any ideas?