Labyrinthe robot with arduino

I have a projet of Labyrinthe robot with arduino i need your help , how can i dot it because i have no idéa for programing this kind of robot (Labyrinthe ) ... i need an exmeple of Labyrinthe robot program i have arduino Mega250 ,Sharp GP2D120 IR Ranging Module, 2 motor Stepers , and other motor stepers i use it for the Sharp IR Module because i dont have a servo motor .

abdouofsouthside: I have a projet of Labyrinthe robot with arduino i need your help , how can i dot it because i have no idéa for programing this kind of robot (Labyrinthe ) ... i need an exmeple of Labyrinthe robot program i have arduino Mega250 ,Sharp GP2D120 IR Ranging Module, 2 motor Stepers , and other motor stepers i use it for the Sharp IR Module because i dont have a servo motor .

I am not sure what you mean by "Labyrinthe robot" - but my best guess (?) would be "maze solving robot"? Is that correct?

If so - then you still need some parts. First - you need some kind of motor driver for the stepper motors (one per motor), plus some wheels to attach to them (actually, you may need some way to gear down the stepper motors - if they don't have enough torque).

For the IR module, you are going to want to purchase a servo motor, because otherwise you are going to have to build it with your other stepper motor (by adding a potentiometer to the output shaft) - which, while possible, just will open up a ton more work for you to do, to emulate something you can purchase.

So - once you have your robot chassis together, with your scanning IR module and motor drivers, all connected to your Mega and actually moving - in a maze - then you have a big job ahead - you need to program the thing to solve the maze.

This is not an easy task - you'll have to use the IR sensor (scanning with the servo or stepper-servo) to determine walls and openings, and making "moves" - while building up a map inside the memory. You'll also have to (somehow - maybe another sensor - like a compass sensor) keep track of the direction the robot is heading, and use that to know where in the maze the robot is...

SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping) could in theory - with some wheel sensors plus the compass sensor (plus everything else) - along with sensor reading integration - help to solve a lot of this; ultimately, you build a map from the starting point, to the ending point - then you would need to run a path planner (A* - ie, A-Star - or wavefront - or something similar) to determine the best path (vs the "random" path you found on the first go-around) from the start to the finish.

Once you knew that, then you could run the robot from the start to the end - using the map and the planned route/path from the planner to quickly move from A to B; you could optimize the system using PID and such to allow you to turn and "cut" the corners closely for even more speed - but that can be tricky.

To say the least - this is not an easy task at all; a "brute-force" or other simplistic approach can solve it, but not in the quickest manner possible (that is - in the manner your competitors will be likely using - if they are smart).

Hi, is this an academic project or one that you are doing for yourself. If you have little or no programming experience then you are jumping in a very deep end. We are here to help you program, but not do the job for you. I suggest you try some of the learning and playground examples to learn the programming environment.

Tom.... :)