Ladder program on Mitsubishi-type CX-3G Program Lights on LEDs but not contacts

I know nothing about PLC except for some of the videos ive been studying about using melsoft GXWorks2 for programming the PLC I have. I have gotten it to light up 4 leds on the plc in sequence, Y0, Y1, Y2 and Y3 with timers that count 5 seconds and turn on the next led, and then the leds turn off again in reverse sequence. But the thing is that I thought that meant that the actual output terminal or contact (not sure what the proper name is) would also be sourcing current/voltage from them. But when I put the voltmeter at each terminal (when its led is lit obviously) and the other lead to GND, I get no voltage.

Is it something in the program that differentiantes LEDs from actualy terminal outputs that Im missing? I come from an arduino background where whenever you set pin 13 high for example, the LED on pin 13 lights up and there is also a 5V potential across that pin and GND. So Im confused as to why it doesnt work the same in the PLC.

Probably the “output terminal or contact” sinks the current. Check that the LED cathode is connected to the terminal and the anode is connected to Vcc.

OK I was using the voltmeter, but if I were to wire a dc motor, the left is sinking, correct:

4CCE9496-DFFD-40D0-8C2E-21BDB16A4CCD.png

What type of outputs on the PLC, sourcing, sinking or relay? You can't run a motor from a voltage divider.

I'm trying to figure out what types. I just read in the docs that the relay output index and transistor outputs of the plc that COM is connected to the negative terminal of NPN; does this mean it's sinking?

Marciokoko:
I'm trying to figure out what types. I just read in the docs that the relay output index and transistor outputs of the plc that COM is connected to the negative terminal of NPN; does this mean it's sinking?

That's what it sounds like IF the "negative terminal" is the emitter, if so, you may be able to connect 12V+ to the motor, other motor lead to output and COM to 12V-, IF the output can handle the motor current...?? But can't be sure without seeing docs. Can you post a link and the EXACT part number of PLC and the current requirements of the motor?

@ Marciokoko did you see the manual links I posted on your previous inquiry for GXWorks2? I have never used sinking or sourcing PLCs, only relay PLCs with open contacts. Some of them had a supply pin that would become common to all outputs, and I could put 0 volts (ground i.e. sinking) or 24 volts (i.e. sourcing). Other units had 2 terminals for each contact, making the connection between them.

Here are the docs

CX3G PLC User Manual.pdf (1.82 MB)

Here is the other one

CX3G PLC Programming Manual.pdf (240 KB)

So like this?

59F42D5D-CC15-4555-B8BB-4EF248935875.png

Ok so I have it wired like this:

But do I now connect the Com or the Gnd of Plc to the 12vdc psu (-) terminal?

What is the part number on YOUR PLC?