Large block string

I am currently using the ESP8266 in a project and I am working on a configuration webpage. I currently am loading this page off an sd card and that is working well but as can be expected, slow.

What I want to do is move some of the elements of the webpage into PROGMEM so it loads faster. For example almost every page will use jquery. While I could load this from a site like googles I want to try and make it work in “offline” mode. This way the pages can be used to setup the initial connection.

How would I go about storing jquery into progmem (assuming it fits, I may end up using this for something else it it doesn’t)?

Can I define a block of text as just that, text. for example something like

EOT>> This is a lot of text
<<

and the stuff between >> << is all a string? I don’t want to have to go though all of the jquery file and escape it out. Looking for a way to basically copy and paste the lib into the arduino IDE so it will make doing updates easy.

const char LongString[] PROGMEM = {"This
is 
a
long
string.
\"Hey look! a Quote!\"

more stringy stuff..."};

I am currently using the ESP8266 in a project and I am working on a configuration webpage. I currently am loading this page off an sd card and that is working well but as can be expected, slow.

HOW are you doing that? Reading one character at a time, and sending each character in its own packet?

Where IS your code?

For this I am using the esp8266 webserver code. I am sending it using client.write to send it.

The main thing I am looking for is a way to store the jquery library in memory instead of the sd card. I think the best way to do this is a giant string.

MorganS:

const char LongString[] PROGMEM = {"This

is
a
long
string.
"Hey look! a Quote!"

more stringy stuff..."};

This would work but would require me to go though the library and escape all the ". I'll do it if I need to (find replace should work) but I was wondering if there is a solution that does not require me to escape it.