LaserTag project. Need opinions, help and guidance

Hi, Guys!
My name is Vedaant.
I am currently working on a project called LaserStrike.
LaserStrike is a project based on laser tag made with Arduino. I first set it up using IR and failed miserably but then decided to use Laser pointers and LDR's to make the game. I made my successful prototype by soldering a nano and LDR's together creating my first laser tag vest. But this didn't work out so well as it didn't have what I required. I want to build something like the Milestag system with more features like RFID readers on the gun and ammo RFID cards to reload the gun even adding Bluetooth to connect your vest with your phone as a companion app. But without the IR there is no way to find my kills and there is no way I can play in the sun. I searched a lot on google about IR communication and even tried it. It didn't work. Simply put, I need the IR to:

• Send the player's ID
  • Send the player's weapon damage
  • Send the player's team

I would be grateful if I get your opinions, help regarding the IR and guidance on the overall project

I'm 12 years old and I am not new to Arduino and have already built a few projects and take Arduino classes at my local makerspace. I have taken the first steps on the project and need further help.

Thank You,

Vedaant

vedaant:
based on laser tag ......... decided to use Laser pointers

It's all fun and games until someone losses an eye. Visible lasers are a REALLY bad and unsafe idea for this.

Delta_G:
It's all fun and games until someone losses an eye. Visible lasers are a REALLY bad and unsafe idea for this.

Understood. That's why I would love to change to IR. Any help with IR system?

Your IR emitters need to be quite powerful if you plan to use it in the sun. And they should probably be well focused if you want the players to actually have to aim at one another to get a hit.

Delta_G:
Your IR emitters need to be quite powerful if you plan to use it in the sun. And they should probably be well focused if you want the players to actually have to aim at one another to get a hit.

Could I get somewhere to start? What about receivers? And Encoder or Decoders? Or instead of the encoder or decoder do I use the IRLib?

vedaant:
Could I get somewhere to start?

Sure. Look for high power emitters and a way to focus them. I thought that was pretty obvious from my previous post. Start testing them by themselves. Once you have emitters and receivers that work well, then you can start building laser tag.

vedaant:
And Encoder or Decoders? Or instead of the encoder or decoder do I use the IRLib?

You need to get a signal where you can see it at all before you start worrying about encoding.