Latching button

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good quality Latching button I can use for my project?

I need it to be fairly robust, but also small.

I need it to switch power Off and On to the Powerboost 500 charge unit.

thanks

Decide on the current rating , then use google for a supplier . Might seem a harsh reply , but there are so many , sizes, button types , current rating , prices and so on.

I’m unsure what you are doing anyway as that appears to be a USB booster , so not sure where a switch would go

The switch connects the GND to the EN pin which then shuts down the powerboost 500.

I'm using the powerboost to power the entire system.

I'm just looking for a good quality button that will last years.

Any suggestions?

How about a regular light switch from your local home electrics store... those in my home are over a decade old and all are still working great.

And what was said in #1.

skyboyflyboy: I'm just looking for a good quality button that will last years.

A cheap button will last year's if it's only pushed once per year.

Understand the problem with what you're asking? Nobody, but you, really knows what is being asked of that button.

Ok, maybe the question was a bit vague.

My device will have a button that will be pressed, on average, twice a day, and I hope the lifespan of the device will be in the order of ten years.

So I need something small and robust. Something comparable to buttons found on a GoPro, for example.

In fact, my device will have very similar activity/use to a GoPro, and needs to be able to be handled by folks with big and small fingers.

thanks

Marquardt may have something you like.

skyboyflyboy: The switch connects the GND to the EN pin which then shuts down the powerboost 500.

OK, so the current rating of the switch is not a concern as it is not controlling the main power feed.

You could in fact, consider a touch sensor - these have a "toggle" mode.

|494x500 (Note the links "W1 and "W2" on the module, these control toggle mode and default.)