LCD 128x64 + KS0108 problem

HI,
I am using an Arduino Uno board (Rev3). I have it connected to an LCD 128x64 panel (plain vanilla from eBay). The panel uses an 8 bit parallel interface. I have tried it with both the U8glib and the glcd libraries with the same results. I have also re-wired it from scratch 3 times with the same result. I am beginning to fear that the problem is with the panel but I am posting this question in hopes that the problem lies elsewhere. Here is the result of using the "Hello World!" examples supplied with the two different libraries: The panel displays the Hello World message but even though it is supposed to show up at the beginning of the line it shows up in the middle of the screen and wraps around to the beginning of the same line. It also shows up at the bottom of the screen instead of at the top. Any ideas?
Thanks

You forgot your attachments.

Attachments, yes, picture and link to the display, maybe datasheet.

Oliver

BrianM:
The panel displays the Hello World message but even though it is supposed to show up at the beginning of the line it shows up in the middle of the screen and wraps around to the beginning of the same line. It also shows up at the bottom of the screen instead of at the top. Any ideas?
Thanks

The glcd library comes with a diagnostic sketch that is useful for debugging issues.
Have you run the GLCDdiags sketch? If so, what were the results?
The library also includes extensive HTML documentation that has some troubleshooting tips.
Have you read through the troubleshooting tips in the HTML documentation (GLCDref.htm) ?

To know for sure, we need to see actual photographs of what you are seeing.
Also, the results of the diag sketch will help isolate any h/w or wiring issues.

At this point, it is just a guess, but I suspect that you have wired the chip select
wires backwards.

--- bill

Hi I also have a problem with the lcd screen it has the ks0108 controler. No mather what sketch I ran I get the result in the image.
When I run the GLCDdiags sketch I get this in the serial monitor.

Reported Arduino Revision: 1.5
--------------------------------------------------------------------
GLCD Lib Configuration: glcd ver: 3 glcd_Device ver: 1 gText ver: 1
GLCD Lib build date: Mon Dec  5 01:50:07 CST 2011
GLCD Lib build number: 442
Panel Configuration:ks0108
Pin Configuration:ks0108-Arduino
GLCD:ks0108 DisplayWidth:128 DisplayHeight:64
Chips:2 ChipWidth:64 ChipHeight:64
 CSEL1:14(PIN_C0) CSEL2:15(PIN_C1)
 RES:19(PIN_C5) RW:16(PIN_C2) DI:17(PIN_C3) EN:18(PIN_C4)
 D0:8(PIN_B0) D1:9(PIN_B1) D2:10(PIN_B2) D3:11(PIN_B3)
 D4:4(PIN_D4) D5:5(PIN_D5) D6:6(PIN_D6) D7:7(PIN_D7)
Delays: tDDR:320 tAS:140 tDSW:200 tWH:450 tWL:450
ChipSelects: CHIP0:(14,0x1, 15,0x0) CHIP1:(14,0x0, 15,0x1)
Data mode: 
 d0-d3:nibble mode-Non-Atomic
 d4-d7:nibble mode-Non-Atomic
Diag Loop: 2
Initializing GLCD
GLCD initialization Failed: RESET wait Timeout (status code: 2)

ardrobotic,
You probably should start a new thread since your issues are different from Brian's.
Also, I am no longer supporting the GLCDv3 library.
I am however supporting the openGLCD library.
A brief note about this can be found in this post:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=56705.msg1509585#msg1509585

--- bill