Lcd 128x74 ST7920 needing help for scrolling text

I went a head and I am using a 128x64 ST7920 even though not suggested for new projects. I didnt want to color because just not ready to go that route right now.

I want to scroll some medium to large text. Is the some code around for doing it smoothly. I just want it when it is first turned on and that's it one time.

Thanks,
Kevin

Oliver

Thank You Oliver! I will check it out!

What lines of code allow me to change the text size and font. I have tried but must be missing something but then again I need to change to your latest U8G2.

Thanks for all the hard work you have put into these!

KevinRoach:
What lines of code allow me to change the text size and font. I have tried but must be missing something but then again I need to change to your latest U8G2.

There is no font size setting. You need to assign a different font with a different size:

There is also a list of fonts, sorted according to their size:

Oliver

Got it THANKS Again!

I am also having trouble now drawing a square frame for power up screen. Can some give me a hint how to insert that into regular code?

Also I am using the old U8GLib, library and not sure how to change the programming over to U8G2Lib. I tried replacing the common text with the new but kept getting errors.

#include "U8glib.h"

U8GLIB_ST7920_128X64 u8g(13, 11, 12, U8G_PIN_NONE);

Here is the code I am using:
void draw(void) {
// graphic commands to redraw the complete screen should be placed here
u8g.setFont(u8g_font_04b_03b);
//u8g.setFont(u8g_font_osb21);
u8g.drawStr( 0, 22, "Aqua Control V2");
}

void setup(void) {
// assign default color value
if ( u8g.getMode() == U8G_MODE_R3G3B2 )
u8g.setColorIndex(255); // white
else if ( u8g.getMode() == U8G_MODE_GRAY2BIT )
u8g.setColorIndex(3); // max intensity
else if ( u8g.getMode() == U8G_MODE_BW )
u8g.setColorIndex(1); // pixel on
}

void loop(void) {
// picture loop
u8g.firstPage();
do {
draw();
} while( u8g.nextPage() );

// rebuild the picture after some delay
delay(500);
}

Thanks,
Kevin

Ok found the sample code for U8G2, guess o should have looked harder.

Still can't figure out how to setup the right way from the programming to draw a box for my home screen.