LCD 1602 Code issue

Hi,
I am working my way through a tutorial for the LCD display (from Freenove pdf). I have written the code as shown and have received an error message “exit status 1”. I have attached a screenshot of the code and message. I tried a Google search with no luck. Would appreciate any help.
Thanks

Don’t post screenshots of text! That is very unhelpful. When you encounter an error you’ll see a button on the right side of the orange bar “Copy error messages”. Click that button. Paste the error in a message here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the toolbar).

If possible you should always post code directly in the forum thread as text using code tags (</> button on the toolbar). This will make it easy for anyone to look at it, which will increase the likelihood of you getting help.

If the sketch is longer than the forum will allow then it’s OK to add it as an attachment, but in this case it’s short enough.

Please post a link to where you downloaded the tutorial from.

riykkz:
and have received an error message “exit status 1”.

“exit status 1” is a very generic error that only means that something went wrong. You need to look at the specific error message, which will tell you what is wrong. In this case, it’s quite clear. You’re calling a function (startingAnimation) that you never declared.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Thanks.. Tom... :slight_smile: