LCD 16X2 DS1302 RTC

Hello, there are only frames on the LCD screen. Time and date not shown HELP ME

RTC_alarm_clock.ino (12 KB)

Show us.

Your circuit schematic.

Pictures - taken in full outside daylight and perfectly focused, not in a dark room, of your complete assembly.

Picture of your "only frames".

Have you connected pin 5 to ground?

What is the small test sketch you used to demonstrate connecting to just the display? Did it work? Post it using code tags according to part 7 of the instructions.

I assume by "frames" you mean boxes on one line of the 16x2 display. If so that means that the LCD was not initialized. When using an i2c backpack and the library you are using, it almost always means you have not provided the proper parameters in the constructor.

LiquidCrystal_I2C lcd(I2C_ADDR,En_pin,Rw_pin,Rs_pin,D4_pin,D5_pin,D6_pin,D7_pin);

Either the i2c address is incorrect, or the pin mapping information for how the PCF8574 chip is connected to the LCD pins on the backpack PCB is incorrect.

You can use a i2c scanner to locate the address, and then visually inspect the board to determine the pin wiring.

If you don't want to do that, you could switch to the hd44780 library and the hd44780_I2Cexp i/o class instead. It will automatically figure out that information for you and the library also includes a diagnostic test to test that everything is worked as expected.

--- bill