LCD, arduino can I use this one?

HI everyone, I apologise if this is a silly question but I was hoping to be able to use an LCD screen on my arduino Due
I want to buy this one:
http://au.element14.com/midas/mc21605c6wk-sptly/lcd-16x2-stn-black-on-green-euro/dp/2218958

But was wondering would I be able to set this up as per the usual tutorial for arduino LCD's?
I guess Imm just worried as I would like to use the arduino LCD library, and it says the library is for use with screens using an "Hitachi HD44780 driver"
and I can't seem to find whether this has one or not??

Thanks heaps for any help
cheers

An I2C 1602 LCD might be better (working with any system with I2C) and costs less than $15.

But was wondering would I be able to set this up as per the usual tutorial for arduino LCD's?
I guess Imm just worried as I would like to use the arduino LCD library, and it says the library is for use with screens using an "Hitachi HD44780 driver"
and I can't seem to find whether this has one or not??

That display should work with the LiquidCrystal library (any of them) without any problems.

DOn

An I2C 1602 LCD might be better (working with any system with I2C) and costs less than $15.

True, but only after you sort out which particular device you have. Specifically what the I2C address actually is and which I2C chip pins match up with which LCD pins. None of this is standardized and if you don't think this is a problem for beginners then you haven't been following this forum too closely lately!

Don

Thanks heaps for all your help guys I ended up getting a different one for free from my school. I have no idea what type it is but I plugged it in anyway and it worked great haha thanks!!
Also this is probably the wrong area to ask this. But I'm using the arduino due, when I output a pin to high, does that output 3.3v or 5v?? Im just confused as it says 3.3 on there webpage but im not sure if that means only for input or which lol

In general a microcontroller's logic 1 (high) level is nominally the same as it's supply voltage. For the 'due' this would be 3.3v.

Don