LCD Datasheeet for Display in the Sunfounder Mega AT2560 Kit

I am searching for the most informative data sheet available for the 1602 LCD display that is included the Super Starter Kit V2.0 from SunFounder. I've contacted Sunfounder mulitiple times,but there has been zero response from them. It's pretty annoying when you are using a product with limited information. I've found bits and pieces from several data sheets, however, the LCD datasheets that I have found are not very descriptive or well written. I would really like to know the specifics about how the driver built into the LCD 1602 display works.

The 1602 LCD is one of the most used parts for Arduino projects. There must be thousands of tutorials for using them.

The Wikipedia page on the hd44780 LCD controller has a link to the data sheet.

I would really like to know the specifics about how the driver built into the LCD 1602 display works.

So would just about everyone else. The HD44780U device has been around for decades but other than the data sheet mentioned above there is virtually no official information available about the inner workings.

All of the bits and pieces in the various datasheets you have found seem to derive from that same HD44780U data sheet, complete with curious terminology, errors, omissions etc.

Don