LCD diplay lit up but it does not display anything

I just received a new LCD1602 Keypad Shield so I went to test it out but it only shows white boxes in the first line when I turn the contrast up with the bottom line blank. I read up on common problems but the pin allocation is correct because all of the reviews stated that I needed a “LiquidCrystal lcd(8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 7)” setup.
I also checked all of the soldering on the back and front of the shield and even re-soldered some of them but nothing has changed. I even checked that the Liquid Crystal Library is up-dated but I’ve got a feeling that it has somthing todo with the library or at least the software.

Here is the code I am using:

#include <LiquidCrystal.h>
LiquidCrystal lcd(8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 7);

void setup() {
lcd.begin(16, 2);
lcd.print("Line 1");
lcd.setCursor(0,1);
lcd.print("Line 2");
}

I don’t quite know what model the shield is but here is a link from where I bought it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OPO2W6M/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0#moreAboutThisProduct

If someone knows how to fix this help would be much appreciated!
Thanks

Looks like the sainsmart variety.

#include <LiquidCrystal.h>

// LiquidCrystal Print

LiquidCrystal lcd(8, 13, 9, 4, 5, 6, 7);

void setup()

{

lcd.clear();

lcd.begin(16, 2);

}

void loop()

{

lcd.setCursor(0, 0);

lcd.print("HELLO WORLD");

}

The above code should work.

Looks like the sainsmart variety.

Its not Sainsmart but it says "D1 Robot Drive the Future" on it

The above code should work.

As to the code, I tried it but with no luck.

Odd because I have both the Sainsmart and the DF version (which does use your pinout) here with me (older versions) and they work.

BTW its DF not DI

Have you tried the examples from the DF wiki HERE

Another thing to try is to adjust the small potentiometer at the top (in very small steps)

Everything you ever wanted to know about that particular shield is here BTW