LCD display corrupts after a while

Hello everyone!
I am trying to make the arduino to measure voltage in a circuit. Everything works as should, however, after a while my display corrupts and I get bunch of weird symbols on it. I was wondering what is wrong here. Thank you!

PS: I am a new user, was playing with arduino only for a few days

Here is the code of a program:

#include <LiquidCrystal.h>
LiquidCrystal lcd(7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12);
int analogInput = 0;
float vout = 0.0;
float vin = 0.0;
float R1 = 100000.0; // resistance of R1 (100K) 
float R2 = 10000.0; // resistance of R2 (10K) 
int value = 0;
void setup(){
   pinMode(analogInput, INPUT);
   lcd.begin(16, 2);
   lcd.print("DC VOLTMETER");
}
void loop(){
   // read the value at analog input
   value = analogRead(analogInput);
   vout = (value * 5.0) / 1024.0; 
   vin = vout / (R2/(R1+R2)); 
   if (vin<0.09) {
   vin=0.0;//statement to quash undesired reading !
} 
lcd.setCursor(0, 1);
lcd.print("INPUT V= ");
lcd.print(vin);
delay(500);
}

here is the schematic:

You need to use the Auto-Format option in the IDE - under "Tools" or simply Control-T.

There are two possible causes of this. Either RAM overflow in the string functions - which I cannot assess as such - or some supply problem with the LCD. Try a 47 µF capacitor across pins 1 and 2 of the LCD.

You should put the display of the phrase "INPUT V= " into setup() since it doesn't change.

Don

Paul__B:
You need to use the Auto-Format option in the IDE - under “Tools” or simply Control-T.

There are two possible causes of this. Either RAM overflow in the string functions - which I cannot assess as such - or some supply problem with the LCD. Try a 47 µF capacitor across pins 1 and 2 of the LCD.

You said I need to try a capacitor, do I also still need to connect those pins as they were before?

You said I need to try a capacitor, do I also still need to connect those pins as they were before?

Yes. Also make sure to get the capacitor polarity correct.

Don

floresta:
Yes. Also make sure to get the capacitor polarity correct.

Don

I thought it doesn't matter what side of the capacitor you put where. Are you talking about a special type of capacitors?

You thought wrong in the case of electrolytic capacitors. It can get quite exciting if you get a large one in backwards.

Don