lcd display not working

Please help this comes up only on lcd sketches I have checked 1 at a time through include and I can only get lcd to work from the online Arduino. Is this a problem with my laptop or coding thanks

Arduino: 1.8.12 (Windows Store 1.8.33.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Uno"

C:\Users\Ross Clover\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:6:10: fatal error: WProgram.h: No such file or directory

Multiple libraries were found for "SPI.h"
#include "WProgram.h"

Used: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.33.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\SPI
^~~~~~~~~~~~

Not used: C:\Users\Ross Clover\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SPI
compilation terminated.

Multiple libraries were found for "DHT.h"
Used: C:\Users\Ross Clover\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DHT_sensor_library
Not used: C:\Users\Ross Clover\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Grove_Temperature_And_Humidity_Sensor
Multiple libraries were found for "LiquidCrystal.h"
Used: C:\Users\Ross Clover\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal
Not used: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.33.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\libraries\LiquidCrystal
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Uno.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Looks like you have installed an old liquidcrystal library yourself in C:\Users\Ross Clover\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal; references to WProgram.h indicate antique stuff.

The Arduino software comes with a liquidcrystal library so there should not be a need for that.

You definitely have two SPI libraries; why?

OneDrive used to give massive problems with the Arduino software; not sure if that is still the case.

The Windows store version is known to cause unexpected issues; replace it by the normal install.

@RossClover

Moved your topic to it's current location as it is more suitable.

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

sterretje:
The Windows store version is known to cause unexpected issues; replace it by the normal install.

Hmm, why am I not surprised? :roll_eyes:

Given that you have a current version from the Arduino site, use the Library Manger in the IDE to install the HD44780 library and work through the examples on that before using them in your own code. :grinning:

WProgram.h hasn't been used in Arduino since Arduino 1.0 which came out in Nov 2011.

Removing/Renaming this header file was one of the changes that the Arduino team decided to make in Arduino 1.0 that broke 100% of all the 3rd party libraries that existed at the time.

The LiquidCrystal library code you have is quite old.
You need to remove that LiquidCrystal library so you can use a newer one that comes with the IDE.

--- bill