LCD hack question

A quick newbie question. I have been wanting to get a lcd for my arduino to fool around with. My first question I want to ask is it possible to hack a a digital picture frame and use the lcd with an Arduino? If it possible, can someone direct me where to find documentation on how to do it and what hardware/circuits I may need? I gave some specs below on a digital picture frame for reference.

Thanks,

Specifications Weight............................................................................................... 0.28 lb (127 g) File Format .........................................................................................................JPEG Power Source ...................................................................................................DC 5V Compatible RAM ........................................................................SD / MMC / MS / XD Operating temperature................................................................. 41-95° F (5~35°C) Dimensions (W×D×H)..................................4.53 × 0.8 × 3.86 in (11.5 × 2 × 9.8 cm) AC adapter Input.................................................................................100-240 V~50/60 Hz 0.5A Output.........................................................................................................5V~0.5A

Probably not, if it's a cheap/new one: it will almost certainly be based on a highlyintegrated CPU+display_driver chip to reduce costs. That'll make it hard to hack.

You might find an older unit that was built with an off-the-shelf LCD. And check sites like linux-hacker.net for models with a sophisticated CPU that you could hack into a sophisticated "peripheral" for the Arduino.

Ran

There's a description of how to hack a digital key-chain LCD on Sprite's Mods:

http://spritesmods.com/?art=picframe

It turns out to have a 6502 processor in there, but it's not an easy thing to interface with an Arduino.

Thanks for the information guys!