LCD interface problem

Dear all.

Here i am attaching the code.Please let me know how to solve the issue. The problem is i am trying to set latitude to keypad. While changing the latitude LCD display Directly goes to date and time Display.

LCDclock4 is example code : working fine
code2 is mine code where i am facing problem

Code2.rar (4.93 KB)

LCDClock4.rar (4.73 KB)

Because of this?

if(Serial.available() ) 
 {
    processSyncMessage();
 }
 else
   if(timeStatus()== timeNotSet)

Where is the source of "timeStatus" ?

AWOL:
Because of this?

if(Serial.available() ) 

{
    processSyncMessage();
}
else

Where is the source of "timeStatus" ?

it is defined under Time.h header file

And the "Time.h" header file is where, exactly?
(Apart from being included twice in your sketch)

http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/time#.UwNaeM7pegI

I believe what AWOL was asking is if you installed this library, which one would have to assume you did since you are trying to run the code, then it should have been installed in your Libraries folder (see IDE “File\Preferences” to find the path for that) . If you downloaded the library then you should have posted it when you asked your question. You are asking for help and not providing the necessary information. We shouldn’t have to go chasing links down to find your library. You should post it so we can spend our time solving the problem and not chasing links. Please try to work with us here. If you are using a library either post the file or a link to the file when you ask your question.
AWOL,
See attached file

Time.zip (32.9 KB)

No, I wasn’t asking if the library was installed (I assumed the code was ru ning), just what and where the library was.

Anyway, back to the question: what is “timeStatus ()” returning?

AMPS-N,
If at all possible, could you please explain why the lcd "started working" in your OTHER post here: ?
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=217206.new;topicseen#new

raschemmel:
I believe what AWOL was asking is if you installed this library, which one would have to assume you did since you are trying to run the code, then it should have been installed in your Libraries folder (see IDE "File\Preferences" to find the path for that) . If you downloaded the library then you should have posted it when you asked your question. You are asking for help and not providing the necessary information. We shouldn't have to go chasing links down to find your library. You should post it so we can spend our time solving the problem and not chasing links. Please try to work with us here. If you are using a library either post the file or a link to the file when you ask your question.
AWOL,
See attached file

Yes i have pasted in the library folder of arduino

path i downloaded in to

D:\arduino-1.0.1\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\Time

Dear all,

I have solved LCD Interface problem.The problem i am facing now is i am just trying to interface lcd and keypad.
I have 2 code here code2 and code3.

Code2: is working fine. I can set Menu .user made to allow to set perameter after setting value directly goes to Display date and time . & modify value being seen in Serial monitor.

COde3: is my actual code. I am just cutting all the variable pasted in LCD.h and function into LCD_C. And calling these function using Loop.
Problem i am facing code 3 is similar to code2 . Here i am could not able to change parameter.Suddenly goes to Display date and time.i wanted to know why it is doing like this ???

Suddenly goes to Display date and time.i wanted to know why it is doing like this ???

See reply #1

i COULD NOT ABLE TO UNDERSTAND. CAN YOU ELABORATE PROPERLY

Can you stop shouting and answer the questions I've already posed?

Can you let me how can check the process of returning value from timeStatus() and timeNotSet

if(Serial.available() ) 
  {
    processSyncMessage();
  }
  else
	{
}
Serial.println(timeStatus());
Serial.println(timeNotSet);

will show you the two values or you could print them to the LCD.

Yes i have tried in both code

code2 : i found that & while changing the perameter it doesn’t show any value .While normal running shows 2 and 0 . while displaying date and time

Serial.println(timeStatus());2
Serial.println(timeNotSet);0

code3:
i found that while displaying date and time it shows same as code2 . but as soon as try to enter menu change option reading value 5

i found that it is printing 5 because in code i say print status of button. No it printing 5

UKHeliBob:

Serial.println(timeStatus());

Serial.println(timeNotSet);

will show you the two values or you could print them to the LCD.

I tested it. When goes under loop print status 2,0 and while coming out of loop from Button function printing 0,0.
while for code 2 it display as 2,0 while entering loop also and leaving loop also

I also tried to change it . There no much difference over it.Is there any other problem

void loop(){
if(Serial.available() ) 
  {
    processSyncMessage();
  }
  else
	{
digitalClockDisplay();
}
for (int i = 0; i < 9000; i++)
		{
			button_loop(); //check for button pushed
		}

}

to

void loop()
{
digitalClockDisplay();
for (int i = 0; i < 9000; i++)
		{
			button_loop(); //check for button pushed
		}

}

}

Dear all,

I have solved LCD Interface problem.The problem i am facing now is i am just trying to interface lcd and keypad.

I guess it is too late to point out that when the initial reason for the post was RESOLVED, that any new or additional problems
should have been posted as a new post with a relevant title describing the topic of the post. I could be wrong here but I believe the title of this thread is no longer relevant, based on the OP's comment above. Is this thread going to keep morphing like a shape shifter ?

But since we're here , I was just wondering. Would it be at all possible to think of program names that are more descriptive ?

Problem i am facing code 3 is similar to code2 .