LCD Keypad Shield not working 2x16 (READ EDIT)

EDIT: i know this has been mentioned before, but i am bad at finding answers through the heap, sorry, you can just think me to the post that might work.

hi, fairly new to arduino and need some help with a LCD shield display im using a 'freetronics arduino uno eleven board' and a LCD keypad shield 2x16 by duinotech.

As i plug in the board and shield the first row's digits light up fully, while the bottom stays normal. i try to run a code, something simple;

LiquidCrystal lcd(12, 11, 5, 4, 3, 2);

void setup() { // set up the LCD's number of columns and rows: lcd.begin(16, 2); // Print a message to the LCD. lcd.print("hello, world!"); }

void loop() { // set the cursor to column 0, line 1 // (note: line 1 is the second row, since counting begins with 0): lcd.setCursor(0, 1); // print the number of seconds since reset: lcd.print(millis() / 1000);

i run the program on COM4, it finishes uploading. the board stays the same as it was when i plugged it in. i changed the USB entry point and the com with it (COM11). still no luck.

Help?

I took a few pictures, i read that it may be a wiring problem?

get you your ohm meter and verify the pin connections. Access to all the needed pins are readily available on the top of the shield. Do it with the shield not plugged into the arduino board. It is only 6 connections, it should only take a couple of minutes to figure out which Arduino pin is connected to each LCD control signal.

--- bill