LCD larger than 16x2? Need 16x6 or something similar

Hi all, I am working on a project where I want to display the output of three different sensors on an lcd board. 6 lines will look like this

Temperature 40 Speed 80000 Sound 60

I know I can use a 16x2 to list the first two wait a second and then replace them with the second two etc.

But I'd there a lcd screen that has 6 lines? Also, how much different is the programming?

Thanks

How about a four line display that looks like this:

Temperature: 40 Speed: 80000 Sound: 60

Don

floresta: How about a four line display that looks like this:

Temperature: 40 Speed: 80000 Sound: 60

Don

That would work, can I ask you how much different the programming is?

Spoolx: That would work, can I ask you how much different the programming is?

As far as I know the programming is the same. You just define the correct display size during setup, and then you can address all the extra rows just like you address the first two.

Thanks, any recommendations on where to buy? Every I find one is China so the shipping is really slow.

That would depend on where you live.

Don

A 20x4 LCD should do you just fine and, depending on the 16x2 you have, might even use the same library and just require a minor change in the programme to suit.

As Floresta said, shipping depends on where you live. It may be slow if you live in a Third World country, but the problems are all at your end and will be bad no matter who ships it. The Chinese postal service would have to be one of the best in the world, I have no doubt they make sure of that, and I guess this is one reason why China is a rising economic superpower. I have had stuff in a week from Shenzhen and I get fidgety if it takes two. Hong Kong is much the same.

Being an architect, I can't help feeling that the Chinese group their mail order houses together in purpose-built high-rises with a big mail chute in the middle and its own post office branch on the ground floor. Nobody would get a corner office because that's where the cargo lifts are.