LCD Menu.....

Hi. I need some help to get in the right direction.

I need a easy understandable way to use a rotary encoder with button with a 20x4 display for adjusting different settings.

What i want is this:

Startup screen (root menu):
Line1: "Sequence 1"
Line2: "Sequence 2"
Line3: "Sequence 3"
Line4: "Enter settings menu"

Start sequence 1 (under root menu after selecting line1 in root, and this menu can be able to scroll to next line):
Line1: "value 1"
Line2: "value 2"
Line3: "value 3"
Line4: "value 4"
Line5: "value 5"
Line6: "Run sequence 1 NO/YES

i would like the value blink when selected and turn rotary encoder change line and push and turn it simultaneously to change value.

I hope someone can give me some help.

:frowning: i am a bit stuck here

BeerPal:
Hi. I need some help to get in the right direction.

I need a easy understandable way to use a rotary encoder with button with a 20x4 display for adjusting different settings.

In this thread I posted a rotary encoder menu system for editing time and date settings with a 16x2 display and a rotary encoder:

Different options for text displays can be supported.

Unfortunately nobody seems to be interested in any way to test it.
Not even the guy who initially asked for it.

Or maybe somebody likes to ask for different features, such like editing different things, like perhaps editing numerical values instead of dates and times, or initiate subprograms to execute.

If you'd like to test the menu and request additional features, I might consider to do some additional work on that menu system, perhaps editing of numerical values or selecting functions to execute.

Thx I will have a look at it next week. hope to get some hours with the arduino.

On the first prototype i only need to adjust 2 termostats (two temp probes and two relays) to test the hardware. and view on counter that will count high input.

I have a complete system for menus, including using rotary encoders but unfortunately adjusting value inline with the menu option requires quite a bit programming. Are you sure the holding button while rotating is a natural way to use a rotary encoder? I just tried that and it feels weird. I personally prefer clicking the encoder and turning it. Also, have you considered directional buttons or 4-way digital joy stick? Up/down for menu and left right for values.