LCD not working with my potentiometer

So i have noticed that my 10k potentiometers don't seem to be working, they output the same value whichever way i turn them. Now i would like to use the lcd but all the examples use a potentiometer wich just leads to the screen being lit up but not displaying any text(i guess cause it's too bright and i can't adjust the brightness using my potentiometers since they are broken?) are there any other ways of using the lcd or some standard values that i can use to make the text visible on the screen?

Not sure how your pot could be broken, make sure you have it wired up correctly. Run a plain sketch code with just the pot (middle pot lead into an analog pin, analogRead the pin and print to serial monitor).

It probably would help if you told us what kind of LCD you're working with.

For my 1602 LCD, running the V0 to GND gives the max contrast setting, which is the setting needed to be readable off my Nano. So start there and use resistors and work your way to whatever is readable.

You were right, the pot works i had made a sketch but used a digitalpin instead of an analog one to read the value wich didn't work. The lCD now works but i only have the top row showing up. And when i add this to my sketch:

lcd.setCursor(0, 1); lcd.print("Hello World");

It doesn't show the characters on the bottom row

The LCD model is the LCM1602C

This is the part where you post the sketch as well a picture of how you have it wired up, otherwise you haven't given us anything meaningful to help you with.

#include <LiquidCrystal.h>

LiquidCrystal lcd(12, 11, 5, 4, 3, 2);

void setup() {
  delay(1000);
  // set up the LCD's number of columns and rows:
  lcd.begin(16, 2);
  // Print a message to the LCD.
  lcd.print("hello, world!");

}

void loop() {
  // Turn off the display:
  lcd.noDisplay();
  delay(500);
  // Turn on the display:
  lcd.display();
  delay(500);
}

I got this from https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/LiquidCrystalDisplay

I figured it out now and it seems to work, I had moved a few cables when trying to find a workaroudn for the potentiometer, thanks for the help INTP!

Thanks for the thanks :)