LCD + Rotary Encoder - Menu Navigation and Changing Values

Hi all,

I've been digging through google and this forum trying to find what I'm looking for...

In a nut shell: I would like to be able to turn on an LED for X seconds with button switch. Then, I would like the ability to go into a simple LCD menu, select the LED in question, and increase/decrease the time.

Anyone have any tutorials or good books that would point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance. -s

Did you try the forum search (above top line of each page here). This question has been posted at least a dozen times and there were solutions/examples/approaches posted more than a dozen times.

Hi rpt007,

I have seen loads of sample code etc, however I am super green and am trying to find a comprehensive tutorial or plain old good book to buy to get me going.

am trying to find a comprehensive tutorial or plain old good book to buy to get me going.

Good luck. I was in a similar situation a year ago and read tons of material about LCD and menus, but I never found exactly what I was looking for and no such comprehensive tutorial.

My advice: start with a copy of a menu/LCD sketch and try to understand how it works. Then modify it with your needs. That's what I had to do. If my time allows, I will try to see, if I kept copies of my starting code(s).

A very simple one I posted a while ago in a German thread (international subsection of this forum); it will not do exactly what you are looking for, but might give you a first kick to think about.

Here it is: See reply #6 with the example code

Great! I'll take a look at your code and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks for the help rpt007!