LCD1602 I2C FC-113

Hi,

I have problem with LCD 16x2 I2C. Everything is connected correctly, code is correct but LCD doesn´t show text. Pins from i2c module are connected: GND - GND, Vcc - +5V, SDA - A4, SCL - A5 (I have Arduino nano 3.0 328p). I used other i2c module but nothing.

#include <Wire.h>
#include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h>

LiquidCrystal_I2C lcd(0x27,16,2); //I have used I2C scan program, so address is correct.

void setup()
{
lcd.init();

lcd.backlight();
lcd.print(“Hello”);
}

void loop()
{
}

Thanks for your advice :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome.

f5c14e7b4a86cd52fb779be6e62bfab90719c1f2.jpg

Take a good look at your picture.
The LCD shows numbered pins, 1 at the left and 16 at the right in your picture.
The module doesn’t show pin numbers.
But is has a mark at pin 1, and that mark is at the right.
Either the display or the module has to be turned around.
By the way, the upside down texts on the module might be a hint too(but that’s not guaranteed).
You’ll have to figure out how to put both in that breadboard and have the pins connected correctly, bacause is doesn’t seem to fit.

I have an I2C adapter with the same component layout but without the FC-113 lettering. My connections agree with his.

The problem probably lies with the library. We don't know which library he is using or how he came up with the values in the constructor.

Have you adjusted the contrast potentiometer?

Don

Finally it works! The library was bad.

Thanks for advices!

Finally it works! The library was bad.

So you exchanged/installed a new library? (I bet the previous constructor didn't match your previous library..)

And what did you do exactly that it got to work? Think of other newbies running into similar problems.

I installed new library. First installed library don´t work.

(everything was correct, but library was bad)

(everything was correct, but library was bad)

Ok, you have solved your problem; but for clarification some remarks:

While there might be some bad LCD libraries out - in most cases the library is ok, but the set up of the related constructor is wrong.

You cannot mix "abc" library with "xyz" constructor, as the constructor tells the I2C where the LCD display's connections/data lines sit and how they can be addressed.

Another library that can be used is: http://www.arduinolibraries.info/libraries/liquid-crystal-i2-c

It can be installed using the Library Manager.