I'm trying to learn to work with this ESP-01 WiFi module.
However, I'm getting a little lost in all the tutorials.
To get started, I want to simply upload the blink sketch from this tutorial.
Using that tutorial I've connected the ESP-01 to my USB to TTL.
When I upload, the blue LED blinks (not the 'blink sketch' target LED, but the LED on the module), but I get these error messages:
error: espcomm_open failed error: espcomm_upload_mem failed error: espcomm_upload_mem failed
- What 'board' and other settings should I choose under 'Tools'? I now chose 'Generic ESP8266 Module' and left everything else unchanged.
- Or... could there be something else I'm doing wrong? What?
- Any suggestions for easy to follow 'noob tutorials' with this module are welcome!
- I also bought the ESP-05. Which one is easier to work (start?) with? Any good starter tutorials for that one are welcome too
Connecting the ESP-01 to my Arduino Uno ([this tutorial](http://Using this tutorial Getting Started with ESP8266 WiFi Transceiver (Review) | Random Nerd Tutorials)), at Baud 74880, I got this:
ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,7) load 0x40100000, len 2408, room 16 tail 8 chksum 0xe5 load 0x3ffe8000, len 776, room 0 tail 8 chksum 0x84 load 0x3ffe8310, len 632, room 0 tail 8 chksum 0xd8 csum 0xd8 2nd boot version : 1.6 SPI Speed : 40MHz SPI Mode : QIO SPI Flash Size & Map: 8Mbit(512KB+512KB) jump to run user1 @ 1000 rf cal sector: 249 rf : 00 rf : 00 rf : 01 SDK ver: 2.0.0(5a875ba) compiled @ Aug 9 2016 15:12:27 phy ver: 1055, pp ver: 10.2
For now, first, I'd just like to learn the basics of how the module works.
But my (end-)goal, I guess, would be:
- Sending commands to Arduino's around the house with my phone (preferrably from anywhere in the world)
- Read status of, for example, temperature sensors connected to Arduino's from my phone