LED 13 again

Sorry guys but i have a problem with my new Arduino Duemilanove on windows xp. looks like it loads the program properly tx and rx led works even led 13 blikns once and the blue power led works. the blinking program does not make led 13 to blink .Im using arduino 022 blink example program. I also tried servo sweep but there is no response on pin 9 i been reading a lot on the forums all tha way to page 122 but could not find any problem like my. I dont know what is going on. thank you for your help

Do you have any other USB devices plugged in? The current available from the USB is rather limited (even if you can smoke a schottky diode with it :roll_eyes: ) and with enough other stuff plugged in it'll start to load down. So, if there is anything else, unplug and give it another go. Fair enogh?

jraulj: Sorry guys but i have a problem with my new Arduino Duemilanove on windows xp. looks like it loads the program properly tx and rx led works even led 13 blikns once and the blue power led works.

A "new" Duemilanove? I'm not aware of any official boards with a blue power led. Where did you buy this one?

jraulj: I also tried servo sweep but there is no response on pin 9

Are these problems with or without something (like motors) plugged into this "arduino" board?

Thank you guys. I have nothing else pluged into my pc usb. this is from china and yes it got a blue LED for power. I noticed that when I open the serial port monitos on arduino program the led blinks once and if i type symbols the RX and TX LEDs blink. Hope you guys help me pleaseeee

Up till now, my only experience has been with the Nano.
A couple of days ago I got an unofficial Duemilanove.
Even though both have the FTDI, when I plugged in the DMN, same USB, it came up as “found new hardware.”
When I UL’ed the Blink program, I got “stk500” nastygrams (not in sync; protocol error).
I had to go into Tools and select the serial port myself and it came right.

Problem solve I forgot that i installed arduino mega2560 on my computer and some how my computer does not support two arduinos, so I removed arduino software and drivers of one of them. reinstalled arduino software, plugged back in and now it works