LED 3WATT : HELP

HELLO.

I WANT TO CONNECT 13 LEDS 3WATT (3.4V), AND THIS TIP 132 THIS TRANSFORMER ** Mean Well MW 9 ~ 48V 700mA 35W AC / DC LED Driver LPC-35-700 IP67 TUV UL Class 2.** http://www.ebay.es/itm/380474607990?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

BUT I'M AFRAID. THIS WELL CONNECTED?, the TIP132 IS RIGHT?

Most people here, I believe, will recommend using a MOS fet ex. IRF540
You will have to limit the current to 700ma with resistor unless that unit does this for you.

TIP 132 FOR RESISTANCE TO USE? NO OTHER IRL520, LIKE THIS?

Why do you keep shouting at us? Is your caps lock key stuck?

You're treating your LEDs like voltage-controlled devices, which they aren't. One fundamental thing most people (that are new to electronics) don't immediately realize is that an LED isn't a resistive device. When you approach its minimum working voltage, it turns from an open circuit into a dead short. So, meeting the voltage requirement of all 13 or however many LEDs means you will essentially be shorting the outputs of your supply. Don't do that.

You need a current-limited output. They make current driver ICs and turn-key power supplies for this. You just need to pick one that works for you.

then use to work properly?

Read the links the OP gave us !

Its a constant current driver, 700mA, so its fine to power the LEDs without a resistor, whats not clear is if it can be PWM'd like this, but for simple on-off I think the TIP132 has enough voltage handling to spare (100V).

However its leakage current is woeful, 0.5mA, so it won't fully turn off the LEDs.

A MOSFET would be better, but a logic-level one, certainly NOT the IRF540, and better go for at least 100V Vds to be absolutely safe.

I am a little worried that the constant current supply might not be designed with load switching in mind though - PWM might not be advisable.

recommended that at which you use?

You should really use a relay on the AC inputs. That would protect your driver and prevent current wasted in the driver when not in use.

Beware that this driver is not dimmable. You can not PWM the transistor (mosfet); the spec sheet for the driver states that it has a 500ms set up time. That is typical for AC LED drivers.

http://www.meanwell.com/search/lpc-35/LPC-35-spec.pdf

Tip 141 and this works better?