Led Clock, Please help

i want to make a clock where there is a led blue or clear marking each hour around a circle, the led is on for that hour and then moves to the next led in the circle for the next hour. pretty simple. it will look kind of like an analog clock except without the hands. for the minutes, i want the same leds as the hours to light up but since there will only be twelve, it will only be accurate within 5 minutes. the minutes need to light up less bright that the hours so that i can differentiate between the two. I have an arduino uno, breadboard, resistors and leds. Please Help!!!

Don't cross post, it just wastes time.

You have an Uno with 20 IO lines.
You need 12 Hours LEDs, and 12 Minutes LEDs. Suggesting you need 24 IO lines.
What I would do is set up your LEDs as a 12 x 2 matrix and multiplex them.
Have 2 IO lines connected to the anodes of 12 LEDs each.
Have 12 IO lines connected to a pair of LEDs each.
Cycle thru all the LEDs: drive the Hour LED anode you want high, bring the Hours cathode low, and then Anode low, and cathode high. drive the Minute LED anode you want high, bring the Minute cathode low, then anode low and cathode high. Use a current limiting resistor on each cathode. Use a higher resistor on the Minute cathode to make it dimmer.
That’s 14 pins.
Keep D0, D1 free for downloading your code,
leaves 4 pins free for setting the time.

Take a look at these posts for inspiration: http://timewitharduino.blogspot.com/2010/05/prototype-of-analog-clock-with-leds.html http://timewitharduino.blogspot.com/2010/06/introducing-arduino-analog-watch.html Very close to what you want to achieve.

Sorry about dual posting, i didn't know how to delete it in the other section. As for the instructions, thanks but i am very new to programming and hardware and need a little more instruction. (sorry for the hassle) Just stupid it up for me please, if you have the patience.

Okay, so i now understand how to make and control a matrix. So essentially i could make the clock and just have it run from 12:00 but i would like to know if it is possible to somehow sync the time on the computer with the code then when i plug it into a wall outlet with the inverter thing (power supply) it keeps the time or something. I just need a way how to set it. Also i was wondering how to set the minutes and hour function at the same time, like is there a: do this and that function. I just need a little more direction. thanks!

nuts and volts just had a nice detailed version of this in one of their latest catalogs.

what is it called and where could i find it?

earthswater: i would like to know if it is possible to somehow sync the time on the computer with the code

The Time library has an Arduino / Processing combo example sketch that does exactly this.

Thanks, I was looking through that today and realized that. Is their a way to make each hour 1-12 an integer. such as if the hour is 4, turn on the corresponding pin 4 led. also, i was thinking about making a 6 by 7 matrix, that way each minute led would represent 2 minutes instead of 5 so it would be more accurate. I have the arduino uno so i have 13 pins. I still need to create a way to run the hours and minutes symultanously. So this is what i need help with: making the time correspond to the specific leds running the minutes and hours at the same time. are there any questions that would help clarify what i need help doing? a little code for example would be great!, i need a mentor to help me through this!

Does anyone have any ideas? PLEASE! i am kind of at a stand still. I am a novice programmer but i would really like to make this work. A little code as an example or something please!!!

Does anyone have any ideas? PLEASE! i am kind of at a stand still. I am a novice programmer but i would really like to make this work. A little code as an example or something please!!!

I provided EVERYTHING you need: instructions, schematics, code etc. You want someone else to read it to you?