Led communication help

Hi fellow Arduino fans. I need help. I’m a beginner and would like to share my ideas and hope to complete my project. The idea is simple, have 1 receiver board and a switch board on both sides of the building. There is communication issues on both sides so I’m hoping this will fix it. What i need the board to do is When they press the button(north side), it will light up and blink indicating that the job has started. When they press it again it it will light up red saying that the job is done. The other side(south)will then press their button to light up green to state that the job has been recieved. It has to be 23 slots for 23 positions. I have purchased the Elegoo EL-KIT-008 Mega 2560 Project The Most Complete Ultimate Starter Kit w/ TUTORIAL for Arduino UNO Nano. Any help getting it started is appreciated.

It's not very clear to me what you want to build. What kind of transmission channel do you want to use - cable, light, RF...?

And you have not even started the "starter kit".

Paul

Sounds like you need two microcontrollers (an Arduino would do), two buttons, four LEDs (two green, two red - or two bicolour LEDs), and some form of communication between the two.

Also a bit more of description of "the job" would be useful to get an idea of what's going on there.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

Can you post a block diagram of what you want to do?
How far are the stations apart?
Is it in an industrial environment?
Is there any EMI to deal with?

Can you please tell us your electronics, programming, Arduino, hardware experience?

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile: