LED connection problem

In this pic ... there is a basic thing of arduino..... i could understand everything except one thing that makes me crazy is that wire which is connected with the 5v ..... i think that should feed the anode of LED....that's my question ..why the 5v wire is connected with the anode of breadboard and which thing the 5v wire is connected with ?........thanks in advance :slight_smile:

It's not connected to anything, and may as well not be there.

The setup is probably a generic setup. The dots along that row are all connected and are being used as the 5v supply to the board. The line with the black wire are also all connected and are used as the gnd for projects on the board.

It is simply not needed in this case.

Weedpharma

I can't understand this simple case particularly ....... and which row is connected with 5v to feed the proiect ?.........i love logic ...... i understood the LED project with button because is more logic than this one......by the way i am a new one in arduino and i love it so i learn it by myself.......please help me to understand the basics of this nice program.........and thanks to your replies :slight_smile:

and which row is connected with 5v to feed the proiect ?

It isn't connected to anything - it isn't used. The LED is lit by driving an I/O pin high.

please help me to understand the basics of this nice program

You haven't posted a program.

you mean that the pin ‘13’ in this example is playing the role of the anode?..if the answer is yes so why the 5v wire is here ?..and the program is arduino i read much everyday about it and if i don’t understand a thing that make me crazy…that’s all :smiley:

As people have said, that 5v wire is doing nothing. It is either there by mistake, or it is in place for some future addition to the circuit.

--Michael

moh50000:
if the answer is yes so why the 5v wire is here ?

Maybe it was a mistake. As the other have told you, the digital pin is providing the voltage for the LED. The red wire isn't connected to anything and shouldn't be there.

The 5V wire doesn't need to be there at all.
It isn't used, at all.

and the program is arduino

?

Thanks to you all for replying to me ...... i want to make sure about ...how much voltage those pins produce ?

~ 0 to 5 volts on a digital output pin.