Led Display

Hi,
i saw that OctoWS2811 LED Library
http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_OctoWS2811.html
and i wonder if there is away to display image or movie from Arduino Mega 2560 on WS2811 LEDs Strips
the same like with Teensy
Thanks for helping :smiley:

Obviously there is a way, that's what he's showing in the video. Mega would probably give you a slower refresh rate.

i only want to display an image ...
can some one know how or where can i read a tut ? i search at Google and found nothing

Chen:
Hi,
i saw that OctoWS2811 LED Library
OctoWS2811 LED Library, Driving Hundreds to Thousands of WS2811 LEDs with Teensy 3.0
and i wonder if there is away to display image or movie from Arduino Mega 2560 on WS2811 LEDs Strips
the same like with Teensy

Basically no. It says the libary needs DMA which is not on the Mega. Also the Mega is a processor that only runs at 16MHz. The other thing is the memory requirement, not enough on the Mega.

However if you want to write your own code and use an SD card to store your reduced image on you could get still images.

While the OCTOWs library Paul has written for his Teensy3.x boards only works with Teensy boards the FastSPI2 library is also very popular for working with WS28xx LED strings and also works on Megas. It's definitely fast enough to display still images :wink:

Headroom:
While the OCTOWs library Paul has written for his Teensy3.x boards only works with Teensy boards the FastSPI2 library is also very popular for working with WS28xx LED strings and also works on Megas. It's definitely fast enough to display still images :wink:

you have any link that show how to do that ? i try to search and didn't find ...