Led lights flickering between 35 - 45 hz

:o Today at 06:58 pm

Hello - I don't know if this is the right space to ask this question but maybe you know where to look for

I'm looking to buy an arduino system which I can connect led lights to flicker between 35 - 45 hz or more wide range with some degreee of precision

Any idea if someone can custom build it and have it available for purchase?

Thanks

How many LEDs? Powered by 5V, 12V, something else? Many of us could build that.

Any Arduino can do this, as long as it is just a few small leds. Arduino have a crystal or ceramic oscillator which runs at many MegaHertz, so the precision will be fine for almost anything except certain physics lab experiments. For more or higher power leds, extra circuitry will be needed to assist the Arduino.

@Starandchouchou, do not cross-post. Other thread removed.

Yeah, possible. But a bit of a XY-problem. Why do you need that frequency?

CrossRoads: How many LEDs? Powered by 5V, 12V, something else? Many of us could build that.

led bulb flickering at 40HZ ( 12,5 ms light on 12.5 lights off 60 watts) http://news.mit.edu/2016/visual-stimulation-treatment-alzheimer-1207 These are the specifications I m interested in. The protocol about the light device I read about does not specify volts. They just describe it as above.

Many thanks

60W would be a very powerful led bulb indeed. Do you mean an led bulb with equivalent light output to a 60W incandescent bulb?

Starandchouchou: led bulb flickering at 40HZ ( 12,5 ms light on 12.5 lights off 60 watts) http://news.mit.edu/2016/visual-stimulation-treatment-alzheimer-1207 These are the specifications I m interested in. The protocol about the light device I read about does not specify volts. They just describe it as above.

Many thanks

Any Arduino can switch the light on-off at such low frequency.

What you need to work out is how to power the light through what MOSFET with the Arduino. It may take one or two transistors and a few small components, it can be done.

It can be done without an Arduino at all using an oscillating circuit.