Led Matrix Arabic Font

i need some help pleaseeee

i don't know how to use Arabic Font to scroll a text with Led Matrix 8x8

The Parola library has an arabic font you can use to scroll messages. Link to the library is in my signature block below. There was also some discussion in the main Parola discussion thread some time ago (http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=171056.0).

There is a complication with Arabic fonts in that, unlike Roman letters, Arabic letters should be joined up to make it stylistically correct for an arabic reader. This is hard to do and particularly hard to do in the limited resolution of the 8x8 LEDs.

marco_c: There is a complication with Arabic fonts in that, unlike Roman letters, Arabic letters should be joined up to make it stylistically correct for an arabic reader. This is hard to do and particularly hard to do in the limited resolution of the 8x8 LEDs.

I have seen it done, though. Not in LEDs, but on a food package. It had text which presumably meant something like: Date of production: 2005/06/14 (or whatever the date was) Expiration date: 2006/06/13 (or whenever it was supposed to expire) all dot-matrix printed, in Arabic. I think the font was 7 or 8 dots high. So it's not that hard to do, I would think.

So it's not that hard to do

Doing a character-at-a-time font is easy - this exists for my Parola library and in many other places. Doing the cursive-thing for an arbitrary phrase is complex. There are whole books devoted to it in a Word Processing context (ie, high res screens).

As I understand it the complexity is that how the characters are joined depends on which characters you are joining (sometimes 2 or 3 characters). For simple things like labels on a dot matrix production printer you would probably use a bitmap that has been preprocessed.

A previous arabic user of Parola was trying this same thing and I know he found the character-wise displays a bit jarring.